Big lesson to learn about cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NTStudios.com more pictures here.
7z.jpg
:JizzInMyPants:

I have to say ive seen a fit at the track, and it held its own. But im going to have to say i dont think a well built fit against a well built z would stand a chance

He didnt argue it was better than ALL S2ks, just his friends fairly stock one. And then he noted that his friend sucks at driving.

He didnt argue it was better than ALL S2ks, just his friends fairly stock one. And then he noted that his friend sucks at driving.

exactly! haha. i guess we can all agree that a built fit will out perform alot of stock sports cars, but many sports cars with the same level of modification will out perform the fit.

You can build a fit to beat a lot of cars, but for the most part any car the fit can beat could also be modded to beat the fit....

Beating a pretty stock S2000 is something a civic with nothing more then a GSR swap can do. yay.

Zs got a GT35R .82 A/R, fuel system, 650 injectors, lower gearing rear end, HKS EBC, utec (will replace with something else soon) tial waste gate and blow off, all 3" piping.

dyno.jpg

uncorrected, another 350Z with the same setup put down 370WHP on that same dyno and hit 430WHP on a dyno jet. 350torque at 2800 FTW on a dyno jet that would be closer to 400

Stock block, 1st and 2nd gear spin but have just enough grip to move so I'm very happy with it for street use. setup should be good for 650WHP with a built block, and its setup for a bolt in GT37R for 800+WHP with new injectors. but, just like FWD power, there is such a thing as too much power on the street, I dont want to have run DRs everyday and do nothing but highway runs. No thanks, its all about the backroads.

also has suspenion work with some big fat tires. Not sure what G it will pull but there's a good bit of Zs running 1+

Zs got a GT35R .82 A/R, fuel system, 650 injectors, lower gearing rear end, HKS EBC, utec (will replace with something else soon) tial waste gate and blow off,A big ass IC all 3" piping.

[

fixed :ph34r:

The fit is much better than most pre 1990 sports cars. Underpowered, yes, but it handles on par with a miata. The stock suspension is just much too soft to make it do anything really fun.

That being said, I have much more fun on my bike, but it's a different kind of fun. Hitting some twisties hard in the fit, and pissing the fuck out of an idiot kid in a WRX is a lot more fun.

Jeffie, I told you that you need a fit months ago. lol.

I find that hard to believe unless you're talking about a stock older ones vs. modified Fit or stock vs. stock. Though, I haven't heard of any Fit lap times in America where we can compare them to some Miata or even Civic times. From the Japanese tuners it seems like the Fit is a great platform and does VERY well for what it is but is still around the same level as the older Civics with advantage going to the Civics mainly due to more power.

You can build a fit to beat a lot of cars, but for the most part any car the fit can beat could also be modded to beat the fit....

Beating a pretty stock S2000 is something a civic with nothing more then a GSR swap can do. yay.

Zs got a GT35R .82 A/R, fuel system, 650 injectors, lower gearing rear end, HKS EBC, utec (will replace with something else soon) tial waste gate and blow off, all 3" piping.

dyno.jpg

uncorrected, another 350Z with the same setup put down 370WHP on that same dyno and hit 430WHP on a dyno jet. 350torque at 2800 FTW on a dyno jet that would be closer to 400

Stock block, 1st and 2nd gear spin but have just enough grip to move so I'm very happy with it for street use. setup should be good for 650WHP with a built block, and its setup for a bolt in GT37R for 800+WHP with new injectors. but, just like FWD power, there is such a thing as too much power on the street, I dont want to have run DRs everyday and do nothing but highway runs. No thanks, its all about the backroads.

also has suspenion work with some big fat tires. Not sure what G it will pull but there's a good bit of Zs running 1+

Uhggg looking at that Dyno makes me miss my Corvette :()!!!

Honda scene has slowed down a ton. I rememebr the late 90's at Sacramento Raceway and 800+ Hondas show up for a Saturday NIRA Event.
80% of the cars only had I/H/E but it was overwhelming. Get one practice pass (b/c too many people there) then you got to dial in and cross your fingers

As of the demand? It has become quiet the treasure hunt for certain parts. Some guys sell things for way too much money....like 10-12yr old recaros that are about to fade to death...or a USDM P30 (a virgin P28 for that matter). Beat the hell up fat fives for $400 with tires that may last a month. 99sidude had it right...parting out can be profitable.

My '92 Si still get people looking. I have owned it for 14yrs (paid $9,500 in 1996 and high bluebook was $12,500 at the time) I get asked 2-3 times a year if I want to sell it. People flag me down at stop lights and ask if I want to sell it. Sure I'll sell it...but you wont want to buy it for what I am willing to get rid of it for. Hell...over Xmas at my parents...someone put a note on my car saying they want to buy it and left a number.

So Honda Scene Dead? Hell No! The idiots and fantasy boys have been weeded out a little and a larger percentage of enthusiasts are more purists and represent mod'ed Hondas well.

Ya, I had some lady stop in front of my house asking if I wanted to sell my Del Sol to her daughter. I guess she didn't notice it was completely gutted with a roll cage in it. :p

first I see a failure to evolve with the game, I love the B-series but there are more interesting build and swaps going into hondas these days. I also see someone who thinks 15k in mods = 15k in value- not so. Hondas or rather "the game" is more then money in money out, it's a passion for the car and brand itself. It's a way to say Hey my little 4-banger just kept up with your high dollar mustang and I have no monthly car payment! Now, I see your point and I think that at one point or another and expecially when times are tough you sit and look at your Honda and think "is it worth it".... I've been there and to validate myself and my spendings I get in my car windows down and haul ass shifting through gears radio blasting and I remind myself why I spent the money. I honestly can't name just one thing about a Honda that I love, but I can tell you one thing I love my Honda(s) and as a builder the Honda game is far from dead it's evolved and you got left behind. Go save your money for that EP3 modding that bitch will get addicting once you see how the k-series responds to mods, and once again you'll have Honda fever.

I don't play "games". :p

I build my Honda because it fits my budget, handles well for my needs, and you start off with a great platform. It's also a learning experience as I experiment with different setups(refer to my current engine build). If you look at it as a game or are trying to be better than another car(especially if you're working with less), you will very well end up spending a lot of money into it.

Back