Black Ops 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I doubt there will be a nuke. There wasn't on the first Black Ops, was there? I think the Nuke is just an Infinity Ward thing...

yea i thought there was or a moab same thing lol,edit, now i think about it youre right so nm lol

Last edited:
Welp, I pre-ordered this shit so I could get that Nuketown 2025 map. Probably won't pick it up at midnight though. Last time I went to a midnight game release it was a clusterfuck of little kids hopped up on energy drinks, lol...

didn't pre-order, hoping to find a deal like i did for MW3.
hopefully i can still get the nuketown 2025 map at some point

Yeah waiting for a good deal on it. Will buy it when I can find for like $40 or something.

God I'm cheap.

watching the videos on youtube now
not sure if i am going to be able to wait it out
dont really see much point in playing mw3 anymore but i gotta get my fix in

What's your review? I haven't picked mine up yet...
It's good. Like you'd expect. Cool new features and equips but nothing ground breaking. Very good maps. Tons and tons of rooms and off-shoots. Also some CQB maps. One is kind of like Nuketown with flanking points and opposite sniping towers, but on a yacht. So even more confined.

I'm digging it. Not a lot of noob kids and shit talkers yet so that's a plus. I hadn't played a COD in quite a while so it's kind of hard to compare. But I was able to settle back in quickly and find my groove. That was greatly helped by the nice start off guns.

The assault rifle start off is a very good gun and could be competitive for a good number of levels. Cant remember the name.

For the SMG class you start off with an MP7. If you used it in MW3 you know thats a big plus.

Shotty's are shitty on a lot of maps but as usual and someone that knows how to use it right WILL piss you off a lot. Again...

Havent used a HMG yet.

Good sniper to start. Seems a lot easier to get kills especially on the follow up shots in this one. Not as much muzzle rise.

And the add ons list is very lengthy. Havent done a lot yet but Im looking forward to the selecter switch on an FAL or other powerful Assault Rifle. Thats right, full auto selection is available. :D

everyone says the MP7 is a complete pile of shit in this game and the MSMC is the go to SMG
the type25 appears to be the commando/acr equilivant, dominant assault rifle

OL ordered the hardened edition off amazon for me just a couple minutes ago, early xmas present i guess... at least i'll get the nuketown 2025 multiplayer without pre-ordering it
overall not worth the extra 20 bucks for the metal case and all that jazz, but it is what it is

So far I think this is a much better game than MW3. Yes, it's still CoD, but it's different enough to where it feels fresh. MW3 was fun, but let's face it, it was basically MW2.5. I'm glad that Treyarch took it in to the future this time around. Now we get a whole new set of weapons instead of just re-skinned versions of ones from past games. It's kind of like we're getting a Modern Warfare game, but Treyarch's take on it instead of Infinity Ward's (which, IMO, is getting a little stale).

I really like how deep the customization is, although I was a little bummed how you have to prestige a weapon before you can put your clan tag or emblem on it. Also, I was ecstatic to see that they allow 32 layers and opacity options for the emblem maker. What was allowed on Black Ops 1, like 12 layers? I'm going to make some effing masterpieces with this.

The graphics IMO are pretty good. Yes, it's still the same engine, but I think this is the best CoD has looked. I don't know about the 360, but the PS3 has an option to install a texture pack on to the hard drive to make the game run smoother and look a little better. And I don't know if you guys have checked out the campaign yet, but some of the graphics there blew my mind. In the first mission there's a part where you sneak in to this radio building and take the radio operator hostage. The detail on his face looks amazing.

Overall I'm very happy with this. Best CoD since the original Modern Warfare IMO. I've always preferred Treyarch's CoD though, so maybe some of you will disagree...

everyone says the MP7 is a complete pile of shit in this game and the MSMC is the go to SMG
the type25 appears to be the commando/acr equilivant, dominant assault rifle

OL ordered the hardened edition off amazon for me just a couple minutes ago, early xmas present i guess... at least i'll get the nuketown 2025 multiplayer without pre-ordering it
overall not worth the extra 20 bucks for the metal case and all that jazz, but it is what it is

I haven't tried the MSMC yet, but the MP7 seems nice. There are soooo many attachments in this game, it's crazy. Some awesome camos too, like a carbon fiber one. Also, the Nuketown bonus is not just the map coming up in your playlists, it's an entire mode. You can do Nuketown 24/7, all different kinds of modes. It's pretty fun...

Yeah waiting for a good deal on it. Will buy it when I can find for like $40 or something.

God I'm cheap.

This is what I'm going to do. Wander in here in about a month and find a used copy for 40 bucks. I'm cheap too, and broke, but mostly cheap.

I like the game a lot as well. The campaign was fun and I like the fact that you get a choice of how to react on a couple of occasions. I might actually play it a couple more times just to see what happens if you choose a different path.

I like the game a lot as well. The campaign was fun and I like the fact that you get a choice of how to react on a couple of occasions. I might actually play it a couple more times just to see what happens if you choose a different path.

I've only played through two missions on the campaign, but so far, so good. Like I said earlier, I was really impressed with some of the graphics, especially the faces. For a CoD game using the same outdated engine that they always have, this looks gorgeous!

Also, I discovered last night that the shotguns in this game are actually useable again. Shotguns have been subpar in this series for a long time, but now they're actually viable again. I beasted a free-for-all last night with the Remington, like 30-3 on the cruise ship map. Most fun I've had in a CoD game for a LONG time.

I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel in a month or so, but as of right now I'm ranking this as the best CoD since the original Modern Warfare...

Oh, and I love the little Hunter/Killer drone. It's like a paper airplane of death, lol. It makes me laugh every time I kill someone with it...

i guess mine should arrive on monday of next week, same time as all the people who pre-ordered through amazon and got the royal shaft
probably won't play the campaign on this one either, just like mw3 and i dont think i ever finished black ops. i'm saving the campaigns for when i have no internet connection and am bored out of my mind, but then i might just play zombies instead.

anyone hear anything about the blops2 in 3d with the LG tv's?
i have seen a few commercials on them

The BLOPS campaigns are fairly interesting and worth playing IMO. MW3 might not mean much to you though if you didn't play the other ones. Also, it's pretty cookie cutter. It's like they had Michael Bay consult on the story, lol. Minimal plot that's designed to move you from one big explosion to the next...

Back