bought a netbook

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Damn this thread, I had no idea what a netbook was before looking at it yesterday...

anywho

netbook2.jpg

netbook1.jpg

Now if you plug a monitor into it, you'll have a full blown desktop.

I actually considered making a docking cradle setup for mine, The USB, Power, and SVGA out are all on the same side...

So did you buy a netbook or a replacement computer?

+ 1 on buying a monitor, might as well go all the way.

i bought the netbook as sort of a replacement computer. i dont do any gaming, graphic making or any of that other stuff on it. i have a shitty old desktop for that. ive got a monitor cable for it that i can hook my netbook up to my tv. i just really dont need it.

Brian, as opposed to me, won't hardly take his netbook with him anywhere. So having all that stuff plugged into it will work for him.

B, use your damn netbook keyboard. You'll get used to it really quick.

The files you keep on a netbook that you use on a daily basis shouldn't be anywhere near 64GB. Anything else (media files, large applications, etc.) should be on removable media or a desktop PC. Do you seriously need 160GB on a daily basis on your netbook? Methinks you're trying to use it as a laptop, which it isn't.

seems to work out pretty well for tuning the car, and doing my job on the road. ive used about 40GB so far.

Got my cdrom drive up and running by network it from my desktop, then mapping the drive to e:
Could do the same for my harddrive if I ever wanted more room.

So far the only thing I don't like about this netbook is if I close the netbook, when I reopen it, I have to push the power button to get the screen to come back on.

oh, I also disliked that it came preloaded with norton. Even after uninstalling it, AVG saw it and threw a flag about having more then 1 program installed at one time....

fuck norton. Only way to fully remove norton is to run a program to clear all their chit out.

oh, I also disliked that it came preloaded with norton. Even after uninstalling it, AVG saw it and threw a flag about having more then 1 program installed at one time....

fuck norton. Only way to fully remove norton is to run a program to clear all their chit out.

If you need the program, hit me up via PM and I can dig it up for you. We use it at work all the time.

you mean 120GB.... i upgraded to a 7200rpm 160GB drive from the 5400rpm 160GB drive that it came with.

No I meant before you max out that SSD I was talking about. All the while enjoying 2 more hours of battery :cool:

nah im not buying the SSD. it is not enough space nor can i justify spending that much on a cheap computer.

when this thing slows down, i will definitely let everyone know. but for now it still chugs along like nobody's business.

So far the only thing I don't like about this netbook is if I close the netbook, when I reopen it, I have to push the power button to get the screen to come back on.

Go into power management and you can change that. Under the "When lid is closed" just select do nothing.

Go into power management and you can change that. Under the "When lid is closed" just select do nothing.

I have a feeling that's not what he wants to do.

I think what he's complaining about is how when he reopens it, it doesn't come back out of sleep unless he hits the power button.

Back