Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey boys, Lately I've put the cap and rotor back on my Mini-Me (both were on the Accord for awhile), then I set the timing. After that I took the old, bent, dented and broken exhaust manifold off and I'm putting my "custom" one on.

While the mani was off I thought it would be a smart idea to clean the block while its out. I left the dipstick out from when I took the mani off and I think I got water down the tube from cleaning. I immedieatly drained the oil but I can't see any water in there. What should I do to be sure I get all the water out?

Well I put the exhaust all back togther and new oil in the motor. Its not milky, even the oil that came out looked fine.

Good:
~Not dented and restricting flow anymore
~No exhaust leaks
~Engine really clean now

Bad:
~Mid-pipe hits shifter now, I'm guessing because of no more flex-pipe for the DX manifold
~Still in the "smoking stage" because of oil on the pipe
~Smoking out the pipe now too, maybe because of oil and crap in the pipe or water sitll in the motor. :ph34r:

Pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Damn my mom goes through tires fast. We still haven't gotten the other two that she riped the sidewall through.

100_3198.jpg

So I did another compression test on my Mini-Me and I got amazing results!

100_3201.jpg

ON ALL FOUR CYLINDERS!! And on a D16A6 headgasket, I cant wait to see what it will do with a D16Z6 headgasket.

On a side note it burns oil in the high RPMs, under about 4k its fine. Could that be valve seals?

And I'm constantly getting a white smoke and a bit of water coming out the pipe, could that still be water vapor in there?

Also my camera died so I couldn't take a picture of the kLeEn engine.

very nice looking, i would love to hear that boost in action.

very nice looking, i would love to hear that boost in action.

Wow, haha.

How did your mom do that to her tires? She like to drive around with no pressure in them? <3 92-93 EX rims.

You may or may not know but my car has high miles. About 320,000 KMS, about 215,000 miles I think.

So many bushings were toast. I've already changed out the rear ones, now I moved to the front. The first EF that my dad bought came with new bushings all around, then he crashed it and I get all the good bits. :)

I replaced both front LCAs and some other top wishbone thingy. (Both sets not shown in pics) And now my car doesn't squeek when you turn it. YAY!!

Old and new.

100_3211.jpg

Top wishbone thingy.

100_3213.jpg

LCAs.

100_3215.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, haha.

How did your mom do that to her tires? She like to drive around with no pressure in them? <3 92-93 EX rims.
She left home with it flat, drove about 3 mins away. The she phoned me at about 8:00 this morning to tell me to come and change the tire when I was still sleeping.:mad:

what kind of engine harness did you use for the swap? im doing a d16y8 swap in my 90 hatch but i cant figure what harness to start with.

Hey GlassHeadlights, could you post those pictures of the vaccum lines successfully run? Thanks buddy!

Back