Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll get some pix up in awhile Injen.

My dad stole my wheels while I was at work. :( But they look better on his car. :)

100_3621.jpg

100_3623.jpg

And he left me with steelys. :(

100_3624.jpg

show me so i can decide if im going to do mine~!
Ok. Tool no. 1.

7/8 short socket with a magnet on top. Put the socket over the valve spring and push down or hit it with a hammer. The keepers will go right into the socket.

100_3629.jpg

100_3630.jpg

100_3631.jpg

Tool no. 2.

17mm socket and 6mm socket. Both long.

100_3632.jpg

After your valve seal are in and your spring is back on, put the retainer and keepers in place. Then put sockets togther like this.

Make sure the 6mm socket is sticking out only about 1/8". Push down on the 17mm socket to compress the spring then the 6mm socket will put the keepers in place.

100_3633.jpg

100_3634.jpg

how do you compress the spring enough to push the keep back on????
i dont feel to safe wacking the shit out of a valve with a hammer lol..
and then how do the seals come out and then go back in?

how do you compress the spring enough to push the keep back on????
i dont feel to safe wacking the shit out of a valve with a hammer lol..
and then how do the seals come out and then go back in?

To put them back on you push it down til you hear the keepers click in. My hand way red by the end of all 16 but I did it for free.

I had to cut the seals off, they didn't come off with plyers, clean the stems then pop the new ones on. Watch some videos on Youtube.

searched youtube and didnt rlly find anything too detailed..i dont rlly know if i wanna go through with this lol..looks like a bitch

now do you have pix of the seals so i can see if i took the right thing off lol

Glad I could help.

I'll be gone for the next four days. I get my lisence tomorrow, on the 29th, then I'm on a road trip to the top of out island. Its over 6 hrs of driving. The only bummer is I won't be able to drive my rex until I get back from my trip...so that means I drive the....ASTRO! Its gonna be lame but its better than my driveway.

LOL @ my sisters birthday card.

Ps. Notice the Integra...and I wash my car every 2 days because my driveway is a dust pit...so it all works. :)

100_3643.jpg

100_3645.jpg

Passed the drivers test! I'm on the road! I won't be posting for the next four days. I got 6 wrong, you can get 10 wrong before you fail.

The van was a bitch to drive, I was all over the road. There is like a 1" play in each direction so its a bit hard to drive straight. However I made it 6 1/2 hrs each way non stop.

Then I got home and got to drive my rex! I love it! There are a couple of little things like my steering wheel is of one tooth and the steelys that my dad put on shake around 55-60 mph. Other then that I love everything. 1972376579608916578456098 x better than the van.

I also got to drive the S2K, its not as easy to drive as my CRX is...or the Accord. Its still really fun and I get gangsta kids waveing at me saying "Yeah boy!"

Last edited:
lol good shit..i hate loose steering..i drive my grandfathers f350 dually yesterday.shit has like 1/5-2inches of play..kinda sucks witht the wide rear axle..

Back