Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Way to hit not one, but two racist/stereotypical slurs in one sentence... :rolleyes:
The clever Asian fellows at Honda over seas in the lovely land of Japan may have been smoking opium during construction of the D16Y7 SOHC 16 valve engine. Opium (poppy tears, lachryma papaveris) is the dried latex obtained from opium poppies. The recreational use of the drug causes one to obtain totally fucked up dreams, effects similar to the modern drug marijuana. If in fact the Honda workers had been smoking opium during construction of the D16Y7 SOHC 16 valve engine to create a terrible engine, a recall schould come in to effect, replacing all D16Y7 SOHC 16 valve engines with B18C5 engines to revive the Honda community.

A little better?

built y7 wouldnt be a problem, but stock bottom y7 hell no. lol
you hit the nail on the head though, the problem is oiling. and thats why the one you pulled apart had a spun bearing

my vote is to boost the mini me currently in the car, and see what you can get it to do.
I could also be a JDM trend whore and get a B16 just to say I have a B16.

But actually, like you said on another thread, I should keep everything mostly OEM and reliable as possible.

Last edited:
That's still a stereotype. Whats next, after they designed it some they shang hai'd some gold miners, forcing them to build them to their drug induced specs? (Yes, I know that was actually the Chinese.)

Im just messing with you. Just sayin, its not very Christ-like. :p

My edit:

103_0274.jpg

Matt is bringing up a strut bar tomorrow in exchange for a gay steering wheel. He said it has some red overspray on it or something. I will re-finish it anyway.

hey did you happen to have... Just bought a CRX SI!

I think I've figured out what I want to do. OBD1 Gen 2 B16A with I/H/E and maybe cams.

Even just a stock B16 in an EF is enough to make your mom white-knuckle death grip the oh shit handle and tell you to slow the heck down. :D

Even just a stock B16 in an EF is enough to make your mom white-knuckle death grip the oh shit handle and tell you to slow the heck down. :D
Meh...way to lazy to take out my OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness. :D

I like the OBD1 version because theres no external MAP sensor, 10 more HP and tuning can be done.

Back