Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:puke: Reminds me of my camaros tail lights. Only not sexy... At all...
I'm having second thoughts on the headlights because I got to see them in the light of day today. But I'm happy with the amber lights... $8 vs. $60 for the set. :D
that'd be an attainable goal for sure, LS-VTEC if you cant find te goodies for the poor mans R.

provided that tranny is in decent shape that is a fairly good price.

make sure you verify that it is LSD (look down the holes for the axle, there shouldnt be a bar going through) dunno how else to explain it lol
I know what ya mean.

I was talking to some guys at the meet and they were saying the B16 trans sets you at 4000 RPM at 60 MPH. So instead of getting a swap I could build up something to better suit my wants. :)

My baby is dirty.

102_0720.jpg

102_0719.jpg

I know what ya mean.

I was talking to some guys at the meet and they were saying the B16 trans sets you at 4000 RPM at 60 MPH. So instead of getting a swap I could build up something to better suit my wants. :)

an ITR trans is going to be even shorter..
i really dont mind the b16 tranny.. makes the car fun to drive.

The ITR trans has the same gear ratio and final drive as the B16 unless you get a JDM ITR tranny.

hondata , darton sleeved block , turbo kit - honda- North Saanich & Sidney , Victoria

B18C5:
S80 (Helical LSD)

This transmission is one of the best B-series transmissions Honda has offered in its vehicles. Every gear has dual synchro's and the gearing is perfect for all motor applications. Plus, LSD is standard and will be stamped on the housing. Look to spend between 1200-1400 for these transmissions because of their quality, LSD, age and gear ratio's. Finally, if there is some question about whether or not you're S80 has 4.4 final drive or 4.7 final drive you can check the transmission housing. The code "4jhd" means 4.4 final drive was offered as original equipment, while "ne3" signifies 4.78 final drive.

The specs are below:

1st: 3.230
2nd: 2.105
3rd: 1.458
4th: 1.107
5th: 0.848
Reverse: 3.000
Final Drive: 4.400

B18C (JDM Type R):
S80 (Helical LSD)

JDM Type R transmissions are the best for all motor applications where acceleration is emphasized most. All 98 and up JDM Type R transmissions came with 4.785 final drive with the same 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears as the USDM Type R. To make highway driving more tolerable, the 4th and 5th gears are the same as GSR transmissions. Look to spend between 1400-1600 for these transmissions because of their final drive and rarity.

Here is a look at the specs:

1st: 3.230
2nd: 2.105
3rd: 1.458
4th: 1.034
5th: 0.787
Reverse: 3.000
Final Drive: 4.785

SOME MAY HATE BUT I DON'T CARE! ITS MY CAR!

I installed power steering today. It came out of a 1989 hatch. Tomorrow I'll install the pulley with a new belt and new fluid and I'm done!

102_0727.jpg

102_0728.jpg

102_0734.jpg

102_0736.jpg

102_0737.jpg

102_0739.jpg

102_0740.jpg

102_0741.jpg

102_0743.jpg

If I don't like it (which I probably won't) then its easy to put back. I want to get rid of some torque steer so I can handle the car better with one hand.

Well its all done now...and I got what I asked for. :D Its working great. I bombed around the block a couple of times but didn't want to take it on the highway because I still have the bumper off. For the whole hour I had it running I lost no fluid. :)

If I was smart I would have measured both racks while they were out then adjusted the new one to my new alignment. But I'm not smart. :( At least my alignment was free. I should get a camber kit then get it really aligned.

Other news! I changed my mind once again. :rolleyes: One of the mechanics at work has 2 Dodge Caravan 2.5L turbos. Oil lubricated and water cooled. Both of them were off low mileage motors because he stored them from core motors years ago.

I have a block to build with rods and Vitara pistons, then use my head and IM and the rest is history. :) 220 HP and lotsa torque...yummy.

My car is cursed. I can't get rid of a sloppy rider over 80 mph. I thought after the suspion and power steering it would be gone for sure! But nooooooooo....

I should sell it and buy a '99 SiR (Si in the U.S.) for $4000 locally. :)

Back