Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its a good piece of mind thing, sometimes, the knocks arent loud enough to hear. which is why those sensors are there.
Right, its a stock B16A with minor bolt ons so I want to run it like a stock B16A until I get it tuned, which I should plan out right away. Still don't understand why they disable them I wish I shopped around to find one all stock.

Last edited:
if i remember right, the knock sensor changes timing as it registers a "knock" to protect the engine, just because it runs "fine" without it, doesnt mean its ok... just sayin... awesome build by the way, kid... great attention to detail....

if i remember right, the knock sensor changes timing as it registers a "knock" to protect the engine, just because it runs "fine" without it, doesnt mean its ok... just sayin... awesome build by the way, kid... great attention to detail....

it is absolutely fine...

knock sensors are only there for idiots that like to run shit gas in their cars... so when it starts pinging like crazy, because some cheap moron put 87octane in an engine with 10.6:1 compression, the engine can adjust its timing and dump more fuel in to try to protect itself

my B18C/R is running without the knock sensor... the ECU i have it running off of (p28) wouldnt know what to do with it even if it was hooked up... i am not at all concerned by this, because i always run good gas through it

an engine with a proper tune that is fed the correct fuel has no need for a knock sensor

Last edited:
did a little looking around online and then went out and actually checked my car... it seems my engine does indeed have a knock sensor...

i stand corrected... (my above post has been edited to reflect this)

but it is not hooked up and has not been hooked up for the 8 or so years that the engine has been in the car... the engine has been doing just fine without it

if your ECU looks for it then hook it up... if not... dont worry about it its no real loss

It won't look for it so I'm leaving it alone unless it gives me a CEL then just add one more wire.

yea we get the trash... yo brad im gonna be in canada sometime over the summer. you gotta find me some deals!

;)

^_^ I take the deals I find.

images

Billet cam seal taken from LS and insalled onto B16. Wire tuck done on passanger side. :) Put a battery in and eveything tested great. No camera to show work though. :( Also did a rear wiper delete. Just need to make an engine harness and put the motor in.

Got me some Simple Green, I'm gonna go over the bay with a toothbrush now. :D

Last edited:
Haha I like the sounds of that. I just did the first once-over in the dark. Probably go over it again tomorrow.

I located my spare (and partially cut up) Si engine harness but it has everything I need to make my B16 engine harness. :) Got started on the fuse box relocate too, just need a couple wires for it. Then I'll grab my chipped P28 back from my dad and the 4 wire O2 sensor.

Ok.

Rear wiper delete.

000_0139.jpg

The plugs I need off the Si harness.

000_0122.jpg

The grounds and HID ballast tucked in there.

000_0124.jpg

All wrapped up.

000_0126.jpg

Passanger footwell.

000_0131.jpg

First bay claning.

000_0133.jpg

000_0134.jpg

000_0136.jpg

Cam seal installed.

000_0138.jpg

Back