Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got an email from Discount Tire. Due to some sort of agreement they will no longer ship Nitto tires to Canada. Pissed :angry: so recommendations for tires please! Discount has shitty selection for 15" tires so maybe some other company? PS tires have to deal with rain.

Last edited:
Still waiting for some pics of those yellow wheels (on the car).......

I think they will look great. I like bright obnoxious wheels, but the car has to be worthy of being that flashy. Plus dark blue + bright yellow should prove to be an excellent combination.

I had a set of Dunlop Direzza DZ 101s on my car for a while, they were great on the dry road and rain.

I heard the Direzza Z1's will do well in rain too, maybe not the best but not a sketchy tire, thats all I need.

I will wash the car then post pics of wheelz.

Tires will be here tomorrow (going through Can customs now) and the wheel will arrive on the 20th. TireRack.com > Discount.

I've noticed the car burns oil above 6k, must be the rings because I engine brake on my commute everyday and no smoke then. I should look into building my LS block. The B16 takes 3-4 liters in between oil changes.

Last edited:
We need to see those wheels....... :cool:

Here's the first public showing of my purple engine installed with the blue valve cover on it:

Purple%20Engine.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good man, just need to clean up that cam gear cover!
Thanks man. The cover is thrashed pretty good. It interferes with the hood - I tested it last night. Pulled it off and it appears to clear ok. Not sure what I'm going to do with that. Thinking of lowering engine 1/2" or so by putting shims under the side and rear mounts, elongate the holes in the front a little more if needed. Could also leave rear mount as it is and lower sides and front to tilt engine a bit forward.

The easy fix for now will probably be to just run it without the cover if it indeed clears ok.

But, I would rather have the timing belt covered for protection and safety.

Could hump the hood, but that's advertisement something is under there - too may thieving types running around to do that fix. I worked fiberglass for a high school job at a boat shop. I could pull a mold off the hood and reverse the center section - instead of dropping down, it could be raised - probably wouldn't be noticed by all but a very experienced eye.

Another possibility is to make aonther timing belt cover if there's enough room. Gonna havta break out some modeling clay and check clearances that way.

I'll be thinking about this one for a while.

Thanks for loaning me your thread Brad - where are the pics of the Yellow Wheels? :)

Last edited:
Engine bay looks awesome. And a OEM ZC hood FTW, everyone will know what ya got. ;)

Here we are:

IMG00440-20110613-1933.jpg

IMG00441-20110613-1933.jpg

IMG00442-20110613-1933.jpg

IMG00443-20110613-1934.jpg

Not bad looking man. A little trim in the wheels - like some black or blue or something and it would look smokin hot. Maybe the rings black. Just to take the edge off. Try it.

Yeah, I know - I need to figure out the hood situation. If I wanted to take the long way, I could get a spare hood, pull a mold off of it and alter the lines and probably do it subtly enough to not be noticeable. That's probably the best solution - just build a custom fiberglass hood. Any idea what a junk yard hood would cost me?

That would be a pretty cool project anyway.

I posted a bunch more pics of my Train Wreck tonight.

Last edited:
Back