Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hateee the rust and the dented body from my stupid crash, the car looks beat but only those two rust spots. I just don't know where to start.

And cant wait for your start up!

yeah it sucks. you will definitly have to do some cutting, welding and fabbing.

As far as my crx......well. my buddy got a temporary. header for a normal size radiator to fit and it fired up with some help. it won't stay on nor will the ecu light up so i have to investigate a possible missing ground. i'm the one who did the wiring so of course I have to go fix it. :(

by the way your wheels look good!

Find a patch off another CRX, and pick up a new front fender. :shrug2:

Edit. THAT was my 4000th post? smh
They're too rare! And most CRXs I've seen rust exactly like mine. Look at this $28 part. :) 5131059 - 1988-1991 Crx Rear Wheel Arch
yeah it sucks. you will definitly have to do some cutting, welding and fabbing.

As far as my crx......well. my buddy got a temporary. header for a normal size radiator to fit and it fired up with some help. it won't stay on nor will the ecu light up so i have to investigate a possible missing ground. i'm the one who did the wiring so of course I have to go fix it. :(

by the way your wheels look good!

Wiring is such a bitch, and yeah grounds are crutial. Sounds like you're close to running though.

Damn, I either installed a bad tie rod or the inner is mang'd. Trial and error..

Welded on muffler instead of a couple tacks so its sealed now. Sounds completely different; clean and not tinny anymore. I must make new sound clip...I get to hit more VTEC...FTW!

New LMA's for the head are coming next pay then saving for a California road trip at the end of summer!

Last edited:
Damn, I either installed a bad tie rod or the inner is mang'd. Trial and error..

Welded on muffler instead of a couple tacks so its sealed now. Sounds completely different; clean and not tinny anymore. I must make new sound clip...I get to hit more VTEC...FTW!

New LMA's for the head are coming next pay then saving for a California road trip at the end of summer!

Nice! I heard them in your vid, well most v-tec hondas sound like that. I have a new set to put in my b16 when ever I get around to putting new cams in it. Does yours have the old hydraulic style or are they spring type stock?

I broke through the first stage (of three) wear bar on my front tires! Rears are still new but dayum I need someone to align this thang now.

I thought you worked at a shop? Dont drive it unless you have too until you get it done. No need to go through two sets of tires before most wear theirs halfway.

I know! Too much money for my rubbers to wear down. I do work part time at the shop still but they have old technology. I set up an appointment for the frame shop to check where the car sits (bent or not) then align all 4 wheels on Monday. I should throw on my set of stockies on till then.

Last edited:
I wasted a full set of Nitto's in about 4 weeks time when the RH trailing arm was bent. The shits. Once it's aligned, rotate the rears to the front, get your engine running right and do a couple of decent burnouts and all will be fine.......

Bad news from teh frame shoppe today. Car iz bent from mah crahez. :<

~Frame is pulled back on the passenger side (side of impact)
~Rear cross member is tweaked where the LCA meets (the frame shop can repair it but I've got a spare)
~A couple seams in the wheel well have separated a little bit (not too noticeable)
~The mount for the upper control arm is pulled back a little bit which makes uneven camber left to right (related to bent frame)
~Little things like outer tie rods need to be replaced
~The knuckle may be bent but he said fix the other stuff first

The car CAN be straightened for about $400-$700 depending on labor time and parts that need to be replaced but I'd replace my own parts.

I can't be driving around in a bent car anymore so I will finish up my dads four door and start commuting in that then sort out my mess. I don't know where to go from here yet. My car is bent now, has that rust spot and needs bodywork/paint. Its painless to import a true RHD CRX in Canada :) but costly for a 20 year old Honda, about 5-7 grand. I'm in no hurry to make quick decisions, just seeking options.

alignment-1.jpg

Last edited:
sad to hear :( i have always loved your car, would it be possible to find another twin to the car thats clean/ stock around there?

Haha and do what with the twin? Steal it?

I've never seen another Celestial Blue CRX, but I could find another one yes.

Looks like the Cali road trip is out, in saving mode now.

Last edited:
I say fix it. You don't know body work yet. This is a good chance to learn. And also to fix your phuckup. Something to be said for that - rather than just moving on.

You'll figure it out.

Gonna start the body restoration on mine sometime this year - probably as soon as it cools down a bit - maybe after Labor Day.

Last edited:
honestly, i agree with mr modman.... you seem like you've learned the ins and outs of the engine, steering, suspension, wiring/electronics on your car, go for the bodywork lesson too!!! i wish i would have when i was younger and had more time...

plus, its bent dude... not wrecked... the camber issue can be corrected with a new knuckle and adjustable upper control arm... the caster issue, figure out what can be moved around, (slotted, spaced) to correct it... i did it to my integra when i got it... the rear crossmember where the two lower control arms was halfway ripped off when i got it.. it sideswiped another car, ripping off the dirver side front and rear suspensions... fixed most of it myself, in my garage... its shit you can learn and teach yourself... your car is nowhere near as fucked as mine was, i say you got this dude.... judging by your progress, knowledge and skills so far...:)

I say find another shell. why spend more money to fix an already rusting car? (no offense)

Find a good shell, clean it up the way you want and transfer over your parts.

It's gonna be cheaper than fixing the damage and then you have to still do major body repair! F that son!

i was at this point with my car one time
a week after i faced this decision my car was stripped and in bare metal

the wise thing to do would be to ditch the project (get what you can out of it in its current state) and invest your money in something that will return in the future (education, investments, etc)
the fun thing to do would be to fix your car and see your project through to completion
the right thing to do is your decision

i was at this point with my car one time
a week after i faced this decision my car was stripped and in bare metal

the wise thing to do would be to ditch the project (get what you can out of it in its current state) and invest your money in something that will return in the future (education, investments, etc)
the fun thing to do would be to fix your car and see your project through to completion
the right thing to do is your decision
That's well stated.

I've gone through a few decisions - which when going into the thought process, I had to look beyond the immediate and try to estimate how it's going to be after the decision - I guess that could be considered to weigh the consequences.

One such choice - a few months after divorce. I moved out, only took tool box, computer, truck, clothes, and German Shepherd dog. Ex wife packed my things up and I picked them up a couple of months later. Was in new house a few months and getting settled in. Had been eating out and TV dinners. Decided to cook first breakfast on Sunday morning in new house.

Went to store Saturday and bought all the stuff for pancakes and eggs. Woke up Sunday morning and unpacked cookware box - she kept all the utinsels and only packed my aluminum pro pots and pans.

I was pissed off. What to do? Goto lawyer and fight in court for what was rightfully mine? Or just go to Dillards and get new stuff? I didn't want to harbor the possible resentment that either decision could cause. Was the matter of principle that big a deal? Would I be pissed at myself for just rolling over and buying new stuff?

In the end, I jumped in the shower, and went to Dillards. 1) She didn't have to spend money she didn't have for new utinsels, 2) I spent less money and got all new stuff, 3) NO divorce hostility, 4) It was a done deal within 2 hours.

I'm over it - it was the right choice - god bless her - we are on good speaking terms - both here and her kids.

Good luck with your decision Brad.

Last edited:
Back