Bristol Autox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hate myself..... :angry:

For the last two weeks, after I get off work, I get home, and fall asleep around 9:00 AM, and I don't wake up till after 5:00 pm, I get nothing done but work and sleep. The cars are not going together like I want them too...because I sleep so damn much....even if I could get up...I just post whore and go back to bed at 9:00 pm and wake up at 11:00 pm to go to work. The only thing I've done is the suspension on the Z, but yet I still have to cut the inner fenders and go find some grippy tires for the front.

Tommorrow I've got to go shopping for food in Grennich again, and I hope to get home and get some major work done to the cars while popping No-Doz pills all day. then after work Sat morning go swap cams on the Z's and prep the Z for Sunday morning's autocross.....Ohh...and I'm going to try some sliding sunday, so I do not plan on getting any fast time's..... :lol: :ph34r:

Members and Guests,

The eleventh autocross of the 2004 season will be held at the Bristol site on Sunday, 12 September.

Event Agenda

# 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Registration - CART MEMBERS Drivers Fee $20.00 | Non-members Fee $25.00

# 8:30 AM - 10:15 AM Vehicle Safety Inspection

# 10:15 AM - Novice Walk

# 10:30 AM - Mandatory Driver & Crew Meeting

# 11:00 AM - First car off

Vehicle Safety Inspection Note

There will be two tech lines in the staging area next to the trailer. The lane closest to the trailer will be for non-members. Members should use the other lane.

Work Assignments

Attached is a list of member work assignments.

Weather Forecast (Windsor Locks, Bradley International Airport)

Sunday. Partly cloudy. Highs around 80. South winds 5 to 10 mph
Last Update on Sep 10, 8:51 pm EDT

Consider bringing a hat and/or sun block plus water.

Course Condition

Because others use the lot, because we have had more competitors this year, because course speeds and lengths have increased, debris accumulates. Therefore, if possible, members should bring brooms and/or shovels to assist in sweeping the course.

Autocross Schedule

#12 19 Sept.
#13 3 Oct.
#14 17 Oct.

#13 the mustang club will be autocrossing with CART. i wont be there. its going to be a wide open course for speed.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 11 2004, 01:17 AM
Work Assignments

[post=388868]Quoted post[/post]​

B,

I don't have Word on my home computer. Am I listed on that work assignment sheet?

well im not going to be home all weekend so i am not going. looking foward to seeing the results.good luck guys

scorreia (Sean) from the GS-R forum will be attending in his 1998 supersonic blue coupe! He usually runs with the Boston BMW group at Devens. :)

And Clayton.... he is restoring a blue 260Z. B)

Cool...

Well...I got home this morning after work...installed a battery and got the Jeep cleaned up and road worthy again....then took the wife and the dog down to Norwalk to Cranberry Park....and the wife mentioned that we should have a meet there again....

Then I drove back home and dropped the dog off, then took the wife to the grocery store for more shopping...then I took her back home and left her.

Then I went to autozone and tryed to get some bolts for the sway bar....they had some..but I didn't like them....

Then I headed over to Town Fair Tire...and looked for some decent tires to throw on the Z...no luck...so I bought 2 Pirellies...that looked like they had good thread and stiff sidewalls....-$140....

Then I went to my buddies shop and showed him...then he talked some since into me about the tires...they were 440 treadwear...and the course would be hot and slippery tommorrow...plus the Z would push like crazy...and he said he could get the same tires for me at a $50 discount...so I took them back to town Fair Tire...and got my money back.

Then went back to the shop...and the lift was still busy....

So I headed down to Pepboys to brouse over their tires...and they didn't have anything that would grip...so I bought some front sway bar bolts there...then headed back to the shop.

Finally after waiting an hour...a lift opened up...so I raised the car and went to work. I got the new sway bar bolts and new bushings on ....even the sway bar frame mounting bushings...then I moved to the TC rods...and struggled with them for 2 hours......and finally got them on, then I moved to the rear...and cut the inner fender wells out..so my tires don't rub when I drive the car hard into a corner...my arms and face are speckeled burned from the amount of sparks flying from the cutter....ohh well...instant suntan :lol: and I pumped up the tires up front to 52 PSI.....on the old Azenis's.......and since I lowered the car an inch...it also gave me a little camber to play with...and the Azenis will have a little grip tommorrow...so I gave up on sticky tires til next week....

No time to grab and install the cam...oh well...no time to tune the carbs a little...oh well....no time to swap the seat and install the harness.....oh well....

hopefully...if Rob shows up, then I will buy his fender roller...and bring it up tommorrow....so I will charge $10 a fender to roll the flares.....and no garuntee that the paint wont crack...due to no heat gun.....but the service should be there if he shows up.

Now the main worry for me...is if tonight at work.......if I will be busy and working hard......if so...then I may just get home and pass out....

If not...then I will get home...and load up the car, and roll up there to get some seat time...... :D

Originally posted by number9+Sep 11 2004, 10:23 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 11 2004, 01:17 AM
Work Assignments

[post=388868]Quoted post[/post]​

B,

I don't have Word on my home computer. Am I listed on that work assignment sheet?
[post=388909]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, finish line duties.

-------------------------------------------------

WORK ASSIGNMENTS

Put the sign out at the entrance and retrieve it at the end of day.
Bob Humbert, Josh Gee, Tim Healey and Andy Picard

Work at entrance (hand out registration forms & have participants sign the waiver)
Tom Duran, Doug Belli, Tony Vona and Kim Snow

Set up Barrier between pits and course.
Chris Zelle, Charles Aucoin, Bill Rutan, Todd Doiron, Joshua Clarke and Scott Zajac

Registration
Nick Fandacone, Gary Frankel, Kevin Fitzmaurice, Sandie Day and Christen Robbins

Safety Tech.
Ric Alexander, Warren Elliot, Joe Vona, Dana Robbins, Alex Karacsonyi,
George DeSantis, Scott Smith, James Simpson, John Santos, Gary Larson and Brenden Norton

Bump Classes
Brian Moran,

Set up speakers & ensure they all work.
Larry Boardman, T. Burns , Brad Snow, Dennis Polio, Jr. and Ken McGeary

Course setup
Bill Evans, Joe Rathbun and Gene DeRobertis

Setup finish
Jay Bode, Chip Rutan, Allen Briere and Martine Duran

Mark Cones
Pete Day, Jim Armstrong, Kurt Herzberg and Mike Raver

Setup sensors
Bill Cox, Peter Jankowski, Tony Platano and Mark Henebry

Sweep Course
Paul Owen, Jerry Jones, Bill Stone and Kevin Kirchoff

Put flags & radios & replacement pylons at work stations.
Paul Omichinski, Jason Aucoin, Ric Kearney and Joe Skibiski

Make a map of the worker stations (include cone responsibilities, safety instructions and instructions on how to reach the work station)
Bob Purssell, Heather Fox, John Slusarski, Walter Gist, Chris Roddy and Joe Solury,

End of Day

Pick up course
ALL

Load Back of Trailer
Jesse Bavarro, Bob Doiron, Peter Lightner and Jerry Dembiczak,

Pick up trash in lower lot
Jason Ziner, Dennis Polio, Kevin Shea and Bill Mis

Pick up trash in upper lot
Chris Fox, Bob French, Kyle Bishop and Sue Mis

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 11 2004, 05:50 PM
yeah, finish line duties.

[post=389015]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll delegate it. B)

today was a good day. i had a good time meetin/seein yall again. course was sweet as far as im concerned too. i'll definitely be up to more events there in the future.

i hope your gonna post up some of those pics you took Chris.

-Chris

I Failed tech, because of the top "spin nut" on my suspension,

DSC00758.JPG

The tech that happened today was a joke. I failed because of a valid, working part installed onmy car, yet---

I counted 3 cars with cracked windsheilds... BIG CRACKS. that should be instant fail. but no, they passed.

the event is "muffled". there is NO WAY that mini legends car is muffled. its digusting loud- fail.

They let a sport ute go... a scion. of which, is against their rules. Fail.

I counted 5 cars with hub caps on, and 3 or 4 runs in, they finially had the removed. FAIL.

Or HOW about the use of NITROUS OXIDE ON THE COURSE?

Back