CAFROG's K20-R EGg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Did some work on it this morning.

Took apart the looms and electrical tape (lots of it) on the passenger side harness (engine harness was intertwined w/other electrical)

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1591.jpg

I took it apart so I could pull the non-needed engine harness plugs through the firewall and I got them zipped tied right now.

100_1587.jpg

This is as far as the JDM K-harness goes (suppose to go to the other side :thumbsdown:) but I will make it work

100_1590.jpg

Also.....no power steering but a power steering rack. Many will replace the rack with a manual one. Its $70-80 and then you got to install it.....then get it aligned.
I decided to loop the 2 main lines and cap the one that is made to cool the fluid (still need to buy the bolt to plug it).
Couldn't find metric fittings that had a barbed end so I went with adapters to AN fittings.
This way I can run OEM or MR2 PS later (if I want)
Wished I could have made the lines a little shorter (cleaner looking) but the T-fitting made it hard.

100_1592.jpg

My funds are extra tight (no credit card funding for this project) but, if it fits my EG, I will be interested in a month.

If you can.....PM what you want for it.

Yup, fits the EG. Lemme dig around and I'll PM you.

Nice job man:thumbsup:Glad to see another K-swapped EG here. The K20A is a sweet motor and its nice you dont need Kpro right away to get it up and running, definitely down the road look into Kpro.

Just a note since I see you are using the RBC manifold, you will have to cut a little bit of the webbing from under the hood just to clear the vacuum line for the brake booster that comes off the manifold, but its no big deal.

Yeah......I got the area for the hood structure ready :thumbsup:
I also have to run the Evap Purge on the TB (which I think it makes hood clearance worse)
Once I got K-Pro.....it wont matter but I do not want a CEL (running 2 O2 sensors too)
I'm going to cut a 3inch wide piece out of the structure.

Yeah......I got the area for the hood structure ready :thumbsup:
I also have to run the Evap Purge on the TB (which I think it makes hood clearance worse)
Once I got K-Pro.....it wont matter but I do not want a CEL (running 2 O2 sensors too)
I'm going to cut a 3inch wide piece out of the structure.

I read that to, that the EVAP purge hits the hood, however I'm running the Evap purge as well and I havent had any issues with it hitting my hood. I did move my hood latch up a bit when I was trying to clear the vacuum hose. Maybe it also depends on which TB you use.

Man thats sweet; I want a k20r pretty bad but I have dumped too much money already myself.

I read that to, that the EVAP purge hits the hood, however I'm running the Evap purge as well and I havent had any issues with it hitting my hood. I did move my hood latch up a bit when I was trying to clear the vacuum hose. Maybe it also depends on which TB you use.

Wonder if I can simply unhook it from the TB (plug the hole) and hide it under the intake? Keep it plugged into the harness but let the other end just float in the atmosphere.

I really don't know if it matter though :shrug2:

Man thats sweet; I want a k20r pretty bad but I have dumped too much money already myself.
Don't get me started on the cash flow that has been dumped. Sweet part is I am done (roughly) with spending on this swap......at least until it gets running :cool:

That motor looks so proper in there. :thumbsup:
Thanks, Bro. Its been a long time waiting. Car has sat since December. Not sure how my tires will be (flat spots) I would roll the car to a different location in hopes of alleviating the flat spots.

Damn that thing looks great! I cant wait to take that thing for a ride, its been far to long since the Red Rocket was patrolling the streets putting Mustangs in their place!

Thanks, Bro. Its been a long time waiting. Car has sat since December. Not sure how my tires will be (flat spots) I would roll the car to a different location in hopes of alleviating the flat spots.
I've gotta say man, you've kept the car in unbelieavable shape. Hope you don't ever plan on selling. :D

Damn that thing looks great! I cant wait to take that thing for a ride, its been far to long since the Red Rocket was patrolling the streets putting Mustangs in their place!

I still want to make a 2-sided sign. And I plan on getting that paint for those rear view mirrors :D

Little Update.....helping my dad move and clean EVERYTHING in his garage so progress on the swap is slow.

Put on the OEM GSR Throttle Cable (my D16Z6 cable had too much cable exposed) with a Karcepts aluminum bracket.

100_1600.jpg

Got the stock lines out and my swap clutch line put in and my fuel pressure regulator.

100_1605.jpg

Just thought I would show a quick pic of my intake (high radius bends 3")

100_1599.jpg

leave it to me to notice your FPR gauge is upside down. Lol.

Love the swap, want one in my EG so bad. Good luck!

The FPR gauge feels way too loose when its upright but I cannot get it tightened around another 180 degrees either :shrug2:

EDIT: I know some Teflon tape would get it where I want but I have read that its not a good idea for gas systems :shrug2:

Last edited:
The FPR gauge feels way too loose when its upright but I cannot get it tightened around another 180 degrees either :shrug2:

EDIT: I know some Teflon tape would get it where I want but I have read that its not a good idea for gas systems :shrug2:

I had a similar issue with the fuel pressure gauge on my HR fuel rail. I contacted Hybrid Racing and they suggested Permatex - 56521 Hi-performance thread sealant. Permatex says its ok for fuel fittings.

http://www.permatex.com/products/au..._permatex_high_performance_thread_sealant.htm

Last edited:
Back