Carpet/flooring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:werd: @ invisible. Or call U-Coat it themselves and ask?

Explain the cracks more please. Depending on how bad they are your solution might change. You could do anything from patching the cracks with mortar to spreading out self leveling thinset concrete. It all depends on how bad it is.

theyre your everyday basement floor cracks, whoever filled them before used some sort of either concrete filler or rubber type stuff, its on long crack extending across the floor with spider cracks all around it. also when we were sweeping up the dirt a part of the concrete was actually coming up in a spot creating shallow divots. i might have to take some pics...

Yeah pics would be helpful. If they are just small (less than 1/4 inch) cracks then I would assumb that any of the coatings you talked about using would fill them in/hide them. If they are deeper you are going to want to patch them using the proper material. In either case I would scrape out what you can so it doesn't come off later.

yeah the cracks are fairly small aside from a few spots where theyre more holes than cracks, otherwise its all less than a 1/4". ill try to get pics tonight before i go do my taxes.

Last minute tax prep eh?

never got my 1098s for the house, ive had my w2s since january. finally just went to my chase branch and had them print it out for me. my sister in law was telling me that the april 15th deadline was for people that owe anyway. she didnt turn in her 08 state taxes until july 09.

i think you should go with self leveling concrete. if you have good sized holes and pits this would be your best choice to ensure you have a smooth level surface.

I'm not too worried about it being smooth or level honestly, but thanks for the advice because i want to do this right the first time. I'll get some pics tonight in case there is any other awesome advice you want to bestow upon me so i can do it correctly the first time.

returns are still due on the due date
but if you dont owe money, they have nothing to charge you penalties and interest on
unless you are a corp of partnership, and then they can rape your virgin ashhole

TTIWWOP of the man cave "before"

See I'm being told differently by a CPA, she never got penalized for not turning in her state until July, maybe Indiana is different, who knows.

Yeah business's are by March 15th, I was just at one today who always just files extensions in February so he doesn't have to do them until April so he can do them all at once.

I would fill in larger cracks. Make sure you clean the floor well, paint doesn't stick to dirt. Get some pics up.

Here's some phone pictures, I haven't been on my desktop lately so I didn't upload the other pictures from my actual camera.

Attachments

• mancave 1.jpg
    mancave 1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 106
  • mancave 2.jpg
    mancave 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 108
It's all good, I'll finish it the way I want to now anyway.

Back