Celerity's Ninja Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You know...I am not trying to be a dick, it's not really my thing, but saying I should die for being young and dumb...isn't really that cool. I know I've made mistakes...as have we all. It's life, you live and learn. I've been lucky...I've seen more than my fair share of wrecked bikes and cars, yet I have never been in one. (knocks on wood). Before you go and tell someone to do you a favor and die...make sure you know the whole story. People change, and I am a prime example of this.

You know...I am not trying to be a dick, it's not really my thing, but saying I should die for being young and dumb...isn't really that cool. I know I've made mistakes...as have we all. It's life, you live and learn. I've been lucky...I've seen more than my fair share of wrecked bikes and cars, yet I have never been in one. (knocks on wood). Before you go and tell someone to do you a favor and die...make sure you know the whole story. People change, and I am a prime example of this.

I never said I wanted you to die. I said when something happens on a bike at 100+ at least hopefully you'd only kill yourself, but with a car you end up taking out a lot more people due to the size and mass.

never did I say I wanted you to die.

edit. post edited up top.

Last edited:
K. Sorry. I guess I misread the post. Either way, I am not a street racer. We have an 1/8 mile drag strip where I live, but I see no reason to beat on a basically stock jspec b16.

Congrats man. I'm glad you're going legit about the gear. It's worth it.

What brands are you going with and what style? I'm just curious, as I haven't purchased pants or "real" riding boots yet. Just "street boots" for now.

I'm not sure what brands. Since I have no clue what brands are out there, I'll have no bias except the understand that "you get what you pay for". My friend goes exclusively with Joe Rocket - Cheap doesn't necessarily mean crappy. Joe Rocket has a TON of R&D into all of their products.

I'll prolly end up with their setup.

Countdown: 5 days. I won't be bringing it to the meet though.

joe rocket is decent.

middle of the road=frank thomas, alpinestar, icon
high end=dainese

get what fits. stuff with collars will keep you warm and help with the air going up your helmet. make sure you get something with a removable liner also.

Yeah, removable liner definately. I don't want to shed the armor on a hot day because it's a black bike.

I'm also considering the wisdom of getting black riding gear.

Yeah, removable liner definately. I don't want to shed the armor on a hot day because it's a black bike.

I'm also considering the wisdom of getting black riding gear.
whatever fits. hot is still going to be hot. color wont make much of a difference when it's ventilated. and visibily isn't going to be an issue. you could have a glowing neon helicopter propellor on your head and people wont be able to see you and differently than just in riding gear.

Well, black bike + black gear could be a bad thing. I mean, it would certainly look awesome, but you'd be hard to see.

Personally, I dont even like red, but I might wear red gear on a black bike. It would look good, and is a little more visible than black on black.

At the end of the day, since I was 8, I wanted to look like Automan.

automan.jpg

Check this out
YouTube - STREETHAWK 1980's t.v. opening credits

God the 80s ruled.

cheaper gear doesn't always mean it wont protect you as well, (if were not talking about full leather...) cheaper gear = not as comfy.
My Joerocket boots were designed in Italy but made somewhere else, they're awesome boots but they had one hell of a break in time. even now they're still a bitch.
300 bucks more and I could have had the same boot built not only designed in italy but also made there. no doubt a much more comfy boot....

Ok well about one year ago i got on a ninja 250 and the only other bike i had been in was my Honda 250 dirtbike with a good amount of mods and well I thought the ninja was slow as shit. Seriously it was pretty much near impossible to even do a wheelie! But i guess if you want it so you can feel the wind in your face or whatever then its great for you but if you plan on even kinda racing it well you will be lucky do beat a mildy modded single cam Vtec!

Back