Chinese bike ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seriously, just get the ninja 250. They are a good price usually for what they are. I have riddin them around before and many other bikes for my job. I have done two parts of the industry so far. The tech/maintenance part of it and the parts part of it. Nobody works on them fucking no name pieces of shit, the main reason why is because you cant get parts for them. Stick with what works. Get your ass on the ninja 250 and call it a day. They also came in cool colors, the black with flames looks kinda sharp.

After reading more, I would tend to agree with you. Ninja 250 goes on the "get it if..." list.

Funny, this Ninja is black with blue flames. Tomorrow I'm making arrangements for buying.

Hyosung is actually not a copy of much of anything. They are unique and I'm seeing them popping up in shows and magazine pics.

Yeah, I read more about Hyosung and figured that out. It just seemed like a copy company at first.

My brother has nothing but good things to say about the ninja 250. Do it and let me know how fast it is! I'm getting a bike in the very near future.

I got it.

Wait'll my girlfriend reads this.

It's black, plain black. I kinda forgot the 250s have no trunk whatsoever though.

Stupid fucking chinese bikes. I work at cycle world and all day I hear about people who bought little chinese bikes and now they cant find parts for them.
:werd:
My friend had a hyosung dirtbike, It got a flat tire and we couldn't find the right tube ANYWHERE. I think he filled the tire with urethane foam-in-a-can :thumbsup:

I know that my $900 USD would go right into the military budget and they would use it to build a missile aimed at Alaska anyway.

NOOOOOOO!:eek:

Bike next weekend. I'm too busy working / moving to pick it up this week.

I asked if they would de-stripe it too.

I'm reading a killer doc on riding a bike, and I can't really get what he is saying with the countersteer. I'm gonna see if I can practice that BEFORE picking it up.

New Riders - Ninja250Wiki

I believe countersteer is when you lean right and push the bars left or vice versa. All the cool kids do it.

Also, if you're going around a hard corner that almost lays the bike flat, you should have all your weight on the upside peg. Just stand on that fucker and you can hook corners fast enough to scare the shit out of yourself. Have fun, be safe.

Those are just about the best starter bikes. Those and the drz 400's and sm. But those are also an enduro type. Good luck on that bike. By the way as far as counter steering goes you do it unconsicously. YOu dont purposely counter steer on a bike its just what you do in corners. DOnt try to do it because you will probably highside yourself. Just wait, while your going through a turn one time look down and see were your front tire is facing, it will freak you out. Last thing,ITS A BRAND NEW TIRE WITH A SLICK STRIP, YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE TIRE IN BEFORE IT WILL GRAB THE ROAD GOOD. DONT TRY SCRAPPIN KNEE ON THE FIRST DAY. A SMALL BURNOUT WILL ALSO HELP GET RID OF IT FASTER.

Old biker advice I've picked up here and there:

If you have a bad feeling when you hop on the bike one morning.. Forget it. Take the car.

Its not "IF" you crash but "When" you crash, and How bad.

If you ever, ever lose your fear/respect for the bike, stop riding it.

The best personal advise I can give you is to watch everything like its out to get you. Keep a maximum safety bubble around you, always calculate escape routes just incase shit hits the fan. (think "if that car slammed on its brakes, where would I go" Or, "If that car runs that stop sign, what do I do") Dont let people ride your ass. Just be as aware of your surroundings as you can possibly be.

And if its not too late, when you pick your helmet, get one with a good viewing angle. You'd be surprised how many helmets have "tunnel vision" built in to them. The more you can see, the safer you are.

Old biker advice I've picked up here and there:

If you have a bad feeling when you hop on the bike one morning.. Forget it. Take the car.

Its not "IF" you crash but "When" you crash, and How bad.

If you ever, ever lose your fear/respect for the bike, stop riding it.

The best personal advise I can give you is to watch everything like its out to get you. Keep a maximum safety bubble around you, always calculate escape routes just incase shit hits the fan. (think "if that car slammed on its brakes, where would I go" Or, "If that car runs that stop sign, what do I do") Dont let people ride your ass. Just be as aware of your surroundings as you can possibly be.

And if its not too late, when you pick your helmet, get one with a good viewing angle. You'd be surprised how many helmets have "tunnel vision" built in to them. The more you can see, the safer you are.

I agree with all of this. I bought a 2006 250 ninja new from the dealer last year.

This year I moved up to an R6.

My opinion on the 250....Great starter bike. Great commuter bike. I'm trying to sell mine last year. good gas mileage. top speed of 105 mph.

i'm going to sell it for almost as much as i paid for it. The flames come off extremely easy to.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice.

I have some bike experience, and I know that everyone is out to get me on the road. For commuting my road is a wide open road, with very little traffic. Turkeys are my biggest problem. :)

Back