Closing tomorrow!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You already did threadjack, Steven.

Anyway, I signed at 1:30. Got a check, cashed it and gonna go look at some shit tonight. yay for a fat wallet and a new house.

Property taxes are higher than I expected, this might present a problem. But the mortgage is cheap as shit, in fact the mortgage is over 200 less than the taxes. Stupid fucking New Haven and fatass mayor Terry. Might have to get into politics since my dad is running for city councel again.

how is the mortgage 200 less than the taxes?

i mean, i pay about 1000 a year for taxes.... if your mortage is 120 a month, something is wrong... lol

interest only mortgage ftl
lol

you sure the taxes aren't shown in a yearly figure and the mortgage is shown monthly?
that might make sense

1400 a year taxes
1200 a month mortgage payment?

If he bought a house without reading the paperwork enough to realize the difference between taxes a year and mortgage a month... I'm REALLY scared for that bank.

how is the mortgage 200 less than the taxes?

i mean, i pay about 1000 a year for taxes.... if your mortage is 120 a month, something is wrong... lol

Well, no. it's not that cheap, I'm not going to say how much the final mortgage with the escrow set taxes and Homeowners insurance is on it, but the taxes every year are somewhere over 230 and some change more than the mortgage itself.

I'll tell you why, it's because the house is in New Haven (IN). The fatass fucking faggot mayor Terry raised everything last year to help finance the 5 million he wants to put into the Maplecrest to Adams Center road construction over the river. He won't let Ft Wayne take the full cost of the Fort Wayne section of it.

Having a dad in the political arena helps in knowing shit, btw.

Anyway, fucking hijackers, I closed on the house today at 1:30. Took about 1.5 hours to get it all said and done. After 5 I went over and started ripping the carpet up, then my friend and I (and his wife) went to get food, then we went to Menards (like a homedepot/lowes type store). I bought some tools and caulk, yada yada.

After we got the dining/living room carpet torn out and opened a window, we noticed a MAJOR decrease in cat piss smell.

So then we got to thinking. why. the. holy. fuck... is there carpet in the kitchen?

We figured out the area covered (ROUGHLY 176 sq ft of kitchen floor space), and went to home depot and I got 80 dollars worth of black and white checkered sticker-back tiling for the kitchen.

On the way back from Home Depot, my friend got his truck stuck in the snow bank at the end of the driveway, suddenly here wanders over my neighbor. This guy is fuckin cool as shit, gave us beers, told us the history of the house/neighborhood and blah blah. He's a contractor that does a lot of the restaurants east of the Miss. River.

Anyway, we piled the tile into the house and called it quits about 1/4 to midnight. So here I am, fuckin ecstatic over my new house and the ideas I already have gotten for it.

Way to be man. That's so awesome.

A whileago you were semi-lost sounding with getting rid of your car, work,etc.. Now look where you're at? That's so awesome man.

congrats on the house is the Ft Wayne market as bas as it was 2 years ago hope you got it cheap

For the square footage, rooms, and full basement with a 3 car garage out back, you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much I got it for.

and ya couldnt call me up...shame shame shame. lol just messin with ya James. if you need some help this weekend, gimme a call.

and ya couldnt call me up...shame shame shame. lol just messin with ya James. if you need some help this weekend, gimme a call.

Actually I did call, shame shame shame. Your phone was off.

asshat :D

Pics are coming tonight/tomorrow I have my camera with me now.

I had my camera with me alllll fuckin day in the truck. Ended up out north for my last job, drove teh truck home got the mail, and took off in my car half way to the house before realizing I forgot my camera in my truck. :(

Pics Tomorrow night/Saturday I PROMISE.

We laid out parts of my tile tonight after finishing up getting the glue off the floor, we did it in a checkered pattern and it was making me dizzy so we flipped them to make it appear to have bigger blocks of black and white. Looks badass that way. I think we also overshot our estimate of how many we needed, I bought 6 boxes, one box covered 1/4 of the kitchen floor easily. So I think I'll have enough to do the landings/stairs because that carpet has to come up as well.

Be prepared for 31 individual pictures throughout the house, driveway, deck, porch, and garage.

I am uploading them right now.

Back