Closing tomorrow!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heh, i did the same thing when i first moved in. i put all kinds of shit on the floor under the chandelier...

what's that honey comb shit? did your inepections test for asbestos?

It's metal mesh filled with a plaster type stuff mounted to wood that is screwed into the studs.

Got the house dewinterized. Worst 75 I've spent in a long time. All they did was take the tape off the damn sinks/toilets and flushed the toilets a few times to get the antifreeze out of them.
When he flushed the upstairs, the main sewer pipe started leaking. So now I have an idea of what is going on with it. There's a leak somewhere between the floors that only affects the drainage from upstairs.

blah...

Good thing my dad used to be a plumber, eh?

I have a second job interview today, so after that we'll be wandering around trying to find out where the leak originates at.

Might take off the plaster board in the hallway then drywall it later.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get it now.

found a house in Southbury CT (nothing below $400k) for $170k. The pipes were antifreezed, the roof falling in a bit, the porch falling down.

This is looking like the fixer-upper kind of deal that you're in. My GF didn't want to risk it.

wow there is a dewinterizeing service i have to get in on that. i do winterization all the time for my uncles realestate company and the banks that repo houses but have never heard of them dewinterizong a place you did get owned on that one (that sucks) o well the banks pay $200-400 to put antifreze in the drains and drain the water lines takes about 30min tops if you disco the water meter and hook up a air tank and blow all the water out of the lines in the house. o yea you have to drain the water heater also.

Here I am trying to take a picture of my (semi-)new 12.5 cu. ft. frige I got for free while Brian is flipping me off.
MynewHome052.jpg

So I flipped him off.
MynewHome053.jpg

:lol: I like yoiur pad.

Another suggestion to liven the place up is replace the wall paper in the kitchen. Might add some serious class to the pad. But otherwise, everytime I browse your pictures of it I get pissed.

A house like that in the "york" district aroiund me would be 500k. That's such a beautiful and good house man. Good luck.

haha

Well today I ripped out some more of my ceiling, but I need a sawzall to cut the wood planks out.

Then I started on the wall by the back door, I ripped the top half completely out and found my main sewer pipe... still can't see where it's leaking though.

Back