Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just pulled the trigger on a set of pro 1+ cams. ouch

well you know what they say... going all motor is the expensive way to go slow :p

Now now, boost is only a turbo kit & piston sway away... These cams are supposidly amazing for boost. And yes, these are from ebay.

Did you buy new or used?

I got mine from jhpusa on ebay new which was painful....

I think you will love these cams when its all said and done!

Last edited:
I love all motor builds but there is no comparison to the sounds and power surges of a supercharger or turbo.

Aaaaand Pro1+ cams are on back order indefinitely:( Now I need to decide between pro2+ and tuner series stage 2.

More updates! I have most of the needed parts and started assembling the motor. Whale dick intake:
DSCN1971.jpg

Cleaned all of the bearing surfaces of the crank & block with brake cleaner and a lint free rag.
DSCN1975.jpg

Dropped in new OEM main bearings and cleaned oil jets
DSCN1974.jpg

Carefully setting the crank into place:
DSCN1976.jpg

Got the main caps & block stiffener torqued to spec. The crank spins nicely. Clearances seem to be good.
DSCN1977.jpg

Brand new ITR oil pump installed:
DSCN1978.jpg

Installed rear main cover with a new rear seal. I used a square piece of 2/4 to evenly tap it into place.
DSCN1979.jpg

Also got the coolant pipe, oil cooler, and pcv box installed
DSCN1981.jpg

And I started installing the rings. The nice thing about buying OEM is that no gapping is required:) I checked the gap for shits and it's perfect.
DSCN1986.jpg

Aaaannnd I would have the bottom end completely assembled if it wasn't for a ring breaking:mad: I'm currently waiting on a new set to be dropped off at my desk:)
DSCN1985.jpg

Brake Setup

Sorry for bumping in late!! Great pics and looks like your build is coming along great!! I am doing a 5 lug CTR swap. I have a teg 1" master cylinder am I going to run into the same problem as you did with the line? BTW I got a 99 dx Hatch. I also went the route of upgrading discs w/ powerslots and I went with hawk pads and also new braided lines. Thanks. Great inspiration on the build!!

Looks excellent man. Really makes me want to take the time to do a tear down and rebuild, if only for the learning experience.

Looks excellent man. Really makes me want to take the time to do a tear down and rebuild, if only for the learning experience.

It's definitely a learning experience. I read through the FSM several times before getting into it & I still manage to fuck up. Today I ruined the last rod bearing I was installing. Now I get to wait another 2 days to get this thing together.

Sorry for bumping in late!! Great pics and looks like your build is coming along great!! I am doing a 5 lug CTR swap. I have a teg 1" master cylinder am I going to run into the same problem as you did with the line? BTW I got a 99 dx Hatch. I also went the route of upgrading discs w/ powerslots and I went with hawk pads and also new braided lines. Thanks. Great inspiration on the build!!

Which teg 1" master cyl is it? Mine is from an ABS gsr sedan. I had to custom bend 2 lines and do some flaring. One of the flared joints has a tiny tiny seep in it. The intention is to re-do that entire line while the engine is out.

[/QUOTE]
Which teg 1" master cyl is it? Mine is from an ABS gsr sedan. I had to custom bend 2 lines and do some flaring. One of the flared joints has a tiny tiny seep in it. The intention is to re-do that entire line while the engine is out.[/QUOTE]

My m/c is from a gsr hatch. I got it in a trade. I had to hold the torque wrench for about 5 minutes. lol!! I am going to use it on my 5 lug swap. Not trying to thread steal so please pm for advice. ty

Back