Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so, where'd the rest of the line go from that T? or was it not there?

also, the water pipe can kinda be a bitch, and youll likely tear the seal that goes around it, but just unbolt the T-Stat housing, and slide it away from the water pump, turning it side to side.. it seems awkward but its the correct way to remove it.

so, where'd the rest of the line go from that T? or was it not there?

The rest of the line goes into the car to a shitty gauge. I just chopped the line off. If going to eliminate the gauge and return that area to stock

Also some good news. I had the crank checked out at work and its good to go

Last edited:
ahhh i gotcha. at least it was a somewhat sensible gauge. not "volts" or "underglow brightness, y0"

good to hear on the crank, now get back to work! :p

I've been putting 1-2 hours into the car every night this week.

-Block has been hand cleaned as good as it's gonna get.
-I pulled the engine harness out of the car. At the very least all of the swap wiring will be re-done correctly. At the most, I'll do a wire tuck.
DSCN1891.jpg

My first shipment of OEM goodies showed up at my desk today :)
-ITR Oil pump
-Throw out bearing
-Top & bottom end complete gasket sets

DSCN1890.jpg

i currently have an OEM HG w ARP head studs holding just fine. im not sure what the exact power level is, but my previous tune was 320whp @12-13lbs, and the car is now running 20-21lbs..still holding strong so you should be fine..

I have seen a lot of guys run a second oil line to the head from a t in the oil pressure sensor. my buddy is running that very thing on his b20/b16

I finally decided a direction on the car. I'll be doing an N/A build. I'd like to hit 200whp. Now its time to see what I'll need to do. I want this to be a reliable, efficiant, summer DD whore that will rip on the back roads.

B18C-R long block & trans

-Rebuild. I want to use oem internals. B16B pistons will put me at 11.7:1. Wondering if I can hit 200whp on stock pistone (11.1:1)???
-I'll be getting a tri-y header, likely from one of the sponsors here
-2.5" exhaust. I want it to flow nicely and still stay quiet. I've got a 06+ si mugen axle back exhaust in my possession. I may try to fab that up to my car.
-Cams. I'd like to do it on my current P73's (itr cams). Wondering if it can be done?
-Tuning. I have an S300 and a wideband from my last S/C gsr eg project. Should be a good base. Now wondering on injectors.

Damn, I have the same goal one day. Poor mans Type R that makes 200 WHP. :)

Too bad the supercharger wouldn't swap over to the ITR. :(

RC 310's should be enough for that setup
im surprised you decided to go the all motor route after having a SC'ed GSR

RC 310's should be enough for that setup
im surprised you decided to go the all motor route after having a SC'ed GSR

A proper turbo build will cost me around $5k all said and done. (parts, engine machining, tuning). The head I have is already built. All I really need is a rebuild, nice header, injectors, and a good set of cams to hit 200whp (tuning too). A 200whp hatch will hang with a 400whp hatch up to 70-80mph, which is all I do on the rural roads where I live.

When I get bored with the car I won't take as much of a loss when it comes time to sell.

makes sense...

with the motor at 11.5:1 cr or higher you can put some pretty aggressive cams in there and make moar than 200whp.

Last edited:
Ordered a few seals I forgot. Also ordered new splash shields. Mine are either tattered or missing. Lastly, just ordered a header from one of our sponsors here!

beats me man. I was wondering the same thing. I assumed at first it was for the turbo then he was like nah it plugs in right here...being the back of the head I believe. it's been a while since I've seen his car. I doubt it does any good honestly. if you ever find out why I'd like to know!

by the way props to you for staying N/A!

Back