comcast can't limit internet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MPAA boss: Net neutrality would cramp our P2P snooping plans

the debate is still going on, and i have a question. Is there any way to safely use a p2p?
The big reason for the MPAA's opposition to neutrality is the group's fear that neutrality rules could prevent ISPs from installing deep packet inspection gear that would attempt to filter the downloading of copyrighted content
and what is a "deep packet inspection"?

thanks in advance

This is not about load balancing and such, they could give a shit about how good Johnny's FPS is in World of Warcraft. They are more worried about the "Evils" of P2P.

About the deep packet inspection. They seem to think that they can actually monitor large chunks of packets on the internet and see what exactly people are doing. Again refer to the "evils" of p2p

well they can monitor large packets going through the internet.

hell i can monitor my employees YIM convos if i wanted (see as all operations performed on company hardware are allowed to be monitored).

i just think that monitoring for P2P traffic would be a waste of time. And killing said traffic is a violation of FCC regulations. Comcast is going to lose this. Being an ISP is not like being a business network admin. There are certain rules that have to be followed.

Back