Complete Carbon Fiber DashBoard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

someone please post the fighting on the internet is like the special olympics picture.

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 14 2003, 09:12 PM
WELD or weld in a strip of metal the same length\depth of the gutter grind it, hammer and dolly the 30 square feet of dents your going to have after welding it (to within 4 mm of the original contour) mud it, sand it for 5 years prime it and paint it.

Do you agree mali, i see youve been watching.
I dont think the fiberglass on the roof is gonna crack, why wouldnt the fiberglass flex?
The rain gutters on the roof arent even an inch wide.

Originally posted by Honda_Motor_Co.@Nov 14 2003, 09:02 PM
You dont think fiberglass is not flexible? It's plastic dammit!
:p

Fiberglass is not plastic. Who told you that. There are ways to fill the body line above your car without them cracking. I don't recommend it though. Guys, lets chill on all of this. Some people like speed, some people like show, respect others opinions please. You all make fun of the Fast and the Furious, but I guarantee if the chance to own one of those cars was given to you, you would take it, hands down. When some one customizes their car, its their personality. I don't care whether its speed or not. I had a fucking 1997 Chevrolet Malibu, yes, a malibu. A $3500 rental vehicle. They made diddly shit for it, but, I did make it look good. Andys Auto Sports body kit, 17" konig tantrums, full fiberglass work, console, sub enclosure, amp rack, rear deck lid, front door pods, etc..... I had $4000 worth of audio equipment in it. I love speed, but the parts for the car were just too expensive. I loved the way the car looked, as well as all of the other sport compact fans in my area. I don't care whether you are about speed or show, import enthusiasts are few right now, and all you guys can seem to do is bitch at each other. This is horrible, because when it all boils down in the end, we all have imports, and its all considered RICE. Thats a damned stereotype given by Domestic lovers, making fun of all the spoilers, body kits, etc. Who cares? No one bitches at Muscle car owners when they put racing stripes on their cars...... They do serve a purpose, but I bet half the people with them don't know what that purpose is. I don't understand why all of you people have to bitch about other peoples style. This kind of behavior is what causes School Shootings and other various acts of violence, believe it or not..... If you don't like it, keep your thoughts to yourself and save people the embarrassment. Encouragement to fellow import enthusiasts on bettering their vehicle is what should be going on, not dumb ass emoticons saying "Fucktard Ricer" and crap like that. I don't know why people have to act like this, but until a lot of people grow up, the import scene is going to look like a fucking joke.

Mali when i said, (You dont think fiberglass is not flexible? It's plastic dammit!)
I was saying fiberglass can be as flexible as plastic, do you think that my new roof design will crack?

:squint: :concur: with your large previous post.

Man, just try it if you want, if it cracks, then you will know!!!! I've seen it done, but its hard to do successfully. Especially since the honda is of course a Unibody and there is a lot of flex...... I honestly wouldn't do it... If you are wanting a lot of Carbon fiber, do this..... Carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, and have them make a custom fiberglass roof overlay.... What do you think about that? Something that would cover the roof and cover those gaps!

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Nov 14 2003, 09:24 PM
Man, just try it if you want, if it cracks, then you will know!!!!  I've seen it done, but its hard to do successfully.  Especially since the honda is of course a Unibody and there is a lot of flex......  I honestly wouldn't do it...  If you are wanting a lot of Carbon fiber, do this.....  Carbon fiber hood, trunk lid, and have them make a custom fiberglass roof overlay....  What do you think about that?  Something that would cover the roof and cover those gaps!

Carbon Fiber Roof overlay is going too far i like my shiny black paint.
Its already have been done to my car ill see what happens.

1003.jpg

Internal wastegates arent for high horse power for 22 psi that waste gate is gonna have a hard time controlling that turbine speed...

But yet again, Subaru Impreza WRX have Internal wastegates and lots of ppl have them boost higher than what there suppose to boost. the fastest WRX is doing nine seconds. HKS's skyline AWD has an external and they do 6 sec's im pretty sure.
LOL and the waste gate is bronze.

First I shaved my rain gutters, and door handles myself with a Tig welder, total time was under 5 hours, to a finished primed product.
Second fiberglass is not flexible at all. Have you ever tried to flex a body kit on just a corner it will crack. The body shop would have welded in a patch strip if they didn’t they should not be in business. Third carbon fiber is just as easy to use as fiberglass albeit you need different resins, and in some case with embedded resin cloth, an oven to bake it in.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Nov 15 2003, 02:30 AM
First I shaved my rain gutters, and door handles myself with a Tig welder, total time was under 5 hours, to a finished primed product.
Second fiberglass is not flexible at all. Have you ever tried to flex a body kit on just a corner it will crack. The body shop would have welded in a patch strip if they didn’t they should not be in business. Third carbon fiber is just as easy to use as fiberglass albeit you need different resins, and in some case with embedded resin cloth, an oven to bake it in.

What does he mean by a patch strip?

Yes, you can do carbon fiber by hand if you are doing it for weight purposes, but if you want Carbon Fiber for show, its a lot different process to give it the shiny finish. I was going to get the CF materials, and use my stock CRX hood as a mold. I was going to get the bagging material, and use a high powered shop vac to suction the mold..... I haven't tried it yet.

i have done a hood
the trick is a fiberglass core that is sanded perfectly smooth then lay the carbon cloth on top and smooth it out perfectly then you wet sand a shit load until it is as flat as can be then i toook it to a body shop and had it sprayed with clear?

You wet sanded the resin? What grit did you use? 2000??? I don't think it would be worth my time to do all of that.... Haha

Back