CT Autocross Events 9/27-28

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Sep 25 2003, 11:32 PM
could a mod delete all the non-autocross threads in here? to some of us autocross actually means something.

done, and thread re-opened.

please stop doing this.

I didn't know there was one on saturday ! DAMN

I'm going to get the CRX as ready as possible Friday. If you (Airjockie) don't want to go out Saturday and practice, I'd like to struggle to make Waterbury.

Oh damn AGAIN. You're not in town Saturday at all are you ?

DAMN DAMN DAMN. I didn't know there was going to be a waterbury event. Crap.

-> Steve

D- is for 1.6-2.0 i beleive (if memory serves)

i really don't know. Perhaps Chip has a better idea of classings... Number9 ??? where are you :)

Another quick note about Waterbury. They have loaner helmets there.

If you come down, and if we can work it out, I have a helmet. If you're in Novice class (which you will be as a first timer) the classed people will have no problems sharing.

If anyone wants to come, I'll be in the grey CRX, with a grey fisherman's hat - at Waterbury.

In Bristol we'll all be there. It's easy. Look for the Hondas. I think that all the CT Honda auto-xers are on HS now.

-> Steve

Steve, I'm really bummed to be missing Waterbury also. That's a nice small technically challenging course that they set up there. And I need more practice with my skills. :(

And to you non-helmet owners... stop putting off buying one. It may not be as exciting a purchase as a showy mod to your car, but think good hygiene and having a helmet that fits you properly. lol.

"..... but think good hygiene and having ...."

I wash behind my ears.

I remember wearing the public helmets down there.. and one was actually wet. That was kinda gross.

And I had brought a helmet - I let my dad use it for a ridealong with Clayton. Then I took Jack (Cengiz) car out and the new helmet was the wrong size and rotating around my head a bit. That was a trip.

Williamson's Haberdashery will be there Saturday, and he will be selling helmets. If you want his phone number so that you can pre-order the HJC Snell 2004 helmets for $80, message me and I'll hand out his phone number.

He's in the white Neon

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 26 2003, 12:47 AM
In Bristol we'll all be there. It's easy. Look for the Hondas. I think that all the CT Honda auto-xers are on HS now.

-> Steve

So B, we really need our HS stickers soon. We could buy them directly from you at Bristol with no need to ship them. What about a HS banner or flag to stick in the ground by our cars too? Heehee. :)

About hygiene, at the Mazda RevItUp event they handed out clear disposable shower cap type liners. That was very nice of them to do so...

Also, could someone with an active Csi account (lol) please invite Blackfrog to come over and join us? I saw his post about wanting to autox in CT.

does H-S already have a logo / sticker / t-shirt / FLAG (!) ?

I think that a large "H - S" should be cheap for skywriting that day.

-> Steve

ehhhhh i don't know if i want to "polute" what is so nice about the cart events. theres no rice there. its all good people, and frankly, im glad that most of the people who go are twice my age. i'd hate to see every 17 yr old kid start showing up.... it would really ruin the time.

its sad, what honda has become to mean for me.....

upfee2003-img600x450-1064064377ahiru-2.jpg

To bad it just a bike helmet...but I would sport one of these if it was a real helmet....hehe

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Sep 26 2003, 11:59 AM
Could be some rain on Sunday... but this is a rain or shine event. Those with Azeni galoshes on could rule!

;)

Azenis Galoshes = 15" and greater
Azenis rudders = 14"

the 14" tires have that different sidewall. They wear faster (as Chris F has shown) and they SUCK in the rain. They are there merely to allow you to suggest which way the car slides and ultimately falls into the ditch.

This weekend I'll be running the Yokohama 352 13"x5.5 on Mugen CF48s (which are for sale)

The tires are nice "tactical tires". They grip well, but the stiff sidewalls allow for an instant drift if needed. I've eliminated my understeer and dive.

-> Steve

I'm in the XN novice class.
I'm hoping to barrow a helmet fro ma buddy of mine.
but if I can't I'm hoping somehow I can share with someone.

Still no rim :(

But I still got those drag radials on the car....I kinda like them better anyways...hehe

Originally posted by Airjockie@Sep 26 2003, 03:07 PM
Still no rim :(

But I still got those drag radials on the car....I kinda like them better anyways...hehe

Those Nittos have held up very well... hehe.

Well, the rim came in and I already got the tire mounted on it...damn...I'm fast...hehe

Back