custom paint shops?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

i was wondering if anybody knew if there are any custom paint shops in ohio? also how much, on average, would it cost to do a championship white with red metallic flake paint job? just the outside not the door jams, engine compartment etc. thanks for all your help

i dunno maybe where he lives it may cost that much but for a perfect or near perfect paint job up here you can have it done for 3 grand to 3500. I would do it flawless for 2500. but my rates are 15$ an hr cheaper than most all body shops.

ok thats more like the price i was guessing cuz one of my friends said it only costs like 400 to get something like that done. What an idiot (my friend that is). By the way, where are u located?

Originally posted by integraenthusiest@Jul 12 2004, 02:27 PM
championship white with red metallic flake paint job? just the outside not the door jams, engine compartment etc.

Is your car white already?

It would still look cheesy to have a nice looking paintjob, while skipping door jambs. Under the hood, you could still paint the bottom side of the hood, the fenders to the edge, and the main part of the radiator core.

The only reason not to spray that area is that you can't get a gun in there. I'm going to paint my car pearl white, probably towards the end of summer. I wouldn't even think of leaving an area unpainted(besides the engine compartment.)

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 13 2004, 02:39 AM
2000 if you pull the engine and have the trim off

your smokin dope if you thiink your gonna get a custom job witht he engine bay and the jambs and everything for 2000 bucks....i do stuff VERY reasonably and would not touch that price

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Jul 13 2004, 02:39 AM
2000 if you pull the engine and have the trim off

this is not having the car prepped and ready to spray....u simply stated engine out and trim off, otherwise yes if u have everyhting done that your price isnt to far off but then again if you go this far, why not just finish it yourself.....wouldnt cost you thst much more and generally if you can make the entire body of a vehicle straight and ready for paint you could prob figure out how to lay some paint

Back