1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

custom paint shops?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by integraenthusiest, Jul 12, 2004.

1. integraenthusiest

integraenthusiest Senior Member

i was wondering if anybody knew if there are any custom paint shops in ohio? also how much, on average, would it cost to do a championship white with red metallic flake paint job? just the outside not the door jams, engine compartment etc. thanks for all your help

2. swanny

swanny Senior Member

I would say atleast 5k for a decent job

3. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

i dunno maybe where he lives it may cost that much but for a perfect or near perfect paint job up here you can have it done for 3 grand to 3500. I would do it flawless for 2500. but my rates are 15$ an hr cheaper than most all body shops.

4. integraenthusiest

integraenthusiest Senior Member

ok thats more like the price i was guessing cuz one of my friends said it only costs like 400 to get something like that done. What an idiot (my friend that is). By the way, where are u located?

5. swanny

swanny Senior Member

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

Is your car white already?

It would still look cheesy to have a nice looking paintjob, while skipping door jambs. Under the hood, you could still paint the bottom side of the hood, the fenders to the edge, and the main part of the radiator core.

The only reason not to spray that area is that you can't get a gun in there. I'm going to paint my car pearl white, probably towards the end of summer. I wouldn't even think of leaving an area unpainted(besides the engine compartment.)

7. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

2000 if you pull the engine and have the trim off

8. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

your smokin dope if you thiink your gonna get a custom job witht he engine bay and the jambs and everything for 2000 bucks....i do stuff VERY reasonably and would not touch that price

9. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

up here you can find all kinda shops if you have the car prepd and all you need is it sprayed its hella cheap.

10. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

this is not having the car prepped and ready to spray....u simply stated engine out and trim off, otherwise yes if u have everyhting done that your price isnt to far off but then again if you go this far, why not just finish it yourself.....wouldnt cost you thst much more and generally if you can make the entire body of a vehicle straight and ready for paint you could prob figure out how to lay some paint

11. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

sorry i gave a quick reply

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted