D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yo philyphreak ,you wanna make a D series team xD (F/I ALL THE WAY)

which junkyard do you go too?

Is pull and save the same thing as "You pull and pay"? Either way, I'm DYING to go to a "You pull and pay" type of place to see what goodies I can find. Have you ever been to one?

I used to go all the time. I almost did a head swap with a z6 head on my y7 before it blew. and I bought and sold a turbo out of a junkyard and I plan on putting together a t28 based turbo kit myself but I have to find a few at the junkyard so I have back ups. But like I said I am a budget minded type of guy. If I have to replace something unless it is a belt, gasket, or other part I will go to a junk yard. That is where I got the power steering pump for my t/a, and I bought a caliper from a 93 civic but it didn't work for what I needed it for. You just have to check out the parts as thouroughly(I spelled that wrong) as you can before you buy them.

Score. got a new job at Harbor Freight Tools. I am buying an engine hoist, a welder and whatever else they have I could use.

Your one single post includes 4 words that don't even fully make sense? I get the eagle part but super what? I know what I would like to do with my car thanks for the advice I think?

Your one single post includes 4 words that don't even fully make sense? I get the eagle part but super what? I know what I would like to do with my car thanks for the advice I think?

Yeah, I know what I'd like to do with your car too. I'd like to take that sum'bitch, shine it up reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal nice. Turn that bitch sideways and stick it straight up, your candy ass! IF YA SMELLLLLLELELLELLE, what the....

Errr, forgive me for my outburst. I've been listening to some old school wrestling themes today. :D That's almost as random as super eagle rod boy over there. :eek:

lol its all good. at least I know what you were trying to say I just think it is funny that his only post at the time was those 4 words.

supra pistons? I am pretty sure those are the same bore as b-series motors. D-series motors run a 75mm bore.

Alright minor update I have a y8 manifold on the way. I had been running the y8 with my stock y7 manifold. This week on my day off I plan on pulling the manifold replacing the intake manifold gasket, port matching the intake mani, and throttle body and enjoying the minor power gain from throwing that manifold on. Here is my to-do list:
finish exhaust
wire vtec
replace rear bumper
replace fenders
replace hood and latching assembly
and figuring out why my damn guages won't glow when my lights are on.

for the most part that list is in order but if I can wire vtec, and figure out the gauges in the mean time that would be cool too.

*chants* SHOW-US-PIC-TURES *clap clap* *clap clap clap* SHOW-US-PIC-TURES! *clap clap* *clap clap clap* :D

Your car? Your engine? You flicking the general public off in true JDM fashion? :D

By the way, I just re-read this thread. There's good information in it. :thumbsup:

there is pretty good info in this thread. I mean anytime blanco takes an interest in a thread you get good info. I will take a bunch of pics for that and throw them on here...me porting the manifold, and throttle body. Taking off the y7 manifold, and switching it out.

On a side note I may be doing a head gasket on 1987 honda accord next week as a side job and will get paid a decent amount which I will post pics of on another thread. I think all the money from that job is going into my college account. It should be a big help come time for classes!

Figured I would post up some pics of my trans am so you guys don't think I am neglecting my civic for no reason. so here they are. Its my baby man.

Attachments

• my pics 232.jpg
    my pics 232.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 284
  • my pics 228.jpg
    my pics 228.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 277
  • my pics 315.jpg
    my pics 315.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 323
  • my pics 223.jpg
    my pics 223.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 277
  • my pics 229.jpg
    my pics 229.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 295
Alright guys (or guy depending on who actually looks at this anymore) Got a minor update. Recieved my D16y8 intake manifold courtesy of Veetak. Looks to have been powder coated recently. Very clean. I started to clean up the mating surface to make sure the intake manifold gasket would seat well. Also I started very minorly cleaning out the runners with some wd40, a rag, a scotch bright pad, some sand paper, and a dremel tool on a slow speed setting and a grinding stone. Bottom line it is starting to look pretty good. I am anxious to put it on with my f22 throttle body, injectors, and new gaskets. Maybe beef up the power a little with the better flowing manifold.

Quick to do list: (in no particular order)
-swap to the p2p ecu
-wire vtec
-replace O2 sensor on downpipe
-replace rotors and pads

Attachments

• my pics 001.jpg
    my pics 001.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 927
  • my pics 002.jpg
    my pics 002.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 866
  • my pics 003.jpg