D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i also wanted to go na, and go b16, but my friend put me in his eg6 and low compression 28psi, OMG, turbo spools up and your addicted, you want more and more and you crash, its soo goood

its off of a 94. they came off of the mechanic's brothers integra that they are selling. He put his universal 4 lug rims from his 4th gen prelude on the teg so they could sell it. I would only buy 3 of the rims because one is damaged badly. But I am going to buy a brand new one from a website I know of. I got the three for $7.50 a piece from work. The money they would have gotten for them from the scrap yard.

Aren't those nice, Sam? I love the webs and would love to get my hands on a set of Si's.

They are decent looking this particular set has some pretty bad curb rash.. I will probably buy three and keep the worst one as my spare, then pick up two brand new. But They are definately a huge looks upgrade over the steelies. I can't stand looking at my car and seeing those. Plus what I like about them the most is they fit my style. They are way better looking than the steel wheels, but at the same time they aren't the type that will jump out and grab your attention.

A little sandpaper will go a long way with the curb rash. :D Check out Clint's, eg6sir's write-up on how to fix the wheels up. It's graet.

I will definately have to check that out. I plan to sand down the faces and powder coat them. More of just an experiment for myself to see how good they will look. I can't decide what color will look good with my car though. Debating between black, and white. I could do the inside of the wheels black and the face white for some contrast. If you ever saw the pic of the meshies that were powder coated black with a pollished face, like that.

It's a great write-up and I believe it will help steer you the right way. As far as mine go, I want the inside black. I believe that was the thread where Clint posted the picture of the painted web up. It made me :drool:.

same here. my uh...well, not girlfriend but girl I am dating I guess....lol told me I should change it up a bit and go with a black face, with the white inside. It would have good contrast to the paint which I feel is a must when it comes to wheels, while still having some white left in it. Who knows maybe I will also paint the drums, and calipers white and just do the wheels all black....

well plans stalled on all that motor jazz. I spun a rod bearing. I just don't have luck with d-series motors over 120,000 miles. So I figured I would go to something I have experience in as far as reliability and performance. So I am debating on whether to shell out the cash for a b-series swap or save up and buy the d15b from hmotorsonline.com. The d15b is rated at 130 horses which would be a slight bump in power from the y7 and y8 considering I never wired vtec for the y8. Just curious but would a dohc zc motor be a direct bolt in as far as mounts, and tranny are concerned? That would be kind of a different swap to do make my car unique.

Back