D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thank you sir. tint's too dark IMO so i'm paying a little extra to have it stripped and retinted lighter. that's 18% so i'm thinkin 28% or so. should look awesome, especially when i get the carbon fiber hood, front lip, and hatch

that should be a pretty nice rex when everything is said and done. so little side note...no one tell anyone...I may be picking up a b18b1 longblock for less than $200. all it needs is a timing belt. I will have to decide for sure. If I bought it I would just end up sitting on it until I have some cash to put into it and build myself a decent b1 motor or ls/vtec. we will see though.

got a turbo, just needs new bearings. came off of an 04 wrx. td04l I think. But I have to see what's up with this motor. I got paid today so if I can spend the money the b18 will be in my garage this weekend.

I'll take your word on that. I am not well versed in turbos by any stretch of the imagination. Unfortunely progress has been slow due to helping out a co-worker pull a 99 gsr motor out of a wrecked gsr. It's been a pain. Worked on it two saturdays in a row, and it has taken way longer than it should have. The motor is going to be dropped into a full gsr(minus spoiler) converted 97 ls. The ls was stolen and stripped, and the dude had liability only...got screwed. Found his car with mismatching wheels, mismatched suspension, no motor, no tranny, no wiring harness, no ecu. They left the interior, tool the front bumper. The teggy was sick before, dropped 1.5", camber kit, 17" wheels. black with tan interior. now it is black with black leather interior. He is planning on painting his stock gsr wheels from the wrecked car black. Should be pretty sweet. He has the full gsr suspension, interior, motor, tranny, wheels. the only things missing are the stock strut bar, and maybe the rear sway bar. He put in kyb gr-2 struts with lowering springs again this time. It's low as hell, and the motor isn't even in the car yet. I am kind of worried about rubbing. Either way it's a clean integra. and I have some side jobs coming up that will earn some extra cash, so possibly some progress next weekend.

bright side of helping this kid out...he is gonna hook me up with everything I need for a rear disc brake swap for my civic from the gsr, for the whopping price of $50. It does need new rotors and pads but either way its a sick deal.

Last edited:
The stock WRX turbo is just an oil bearing setup. The STi might be BB, but I don't think even it is.

$50 isn't bad for a disc swap at all! Just be aware that you can typically pick them up for about $150 or less now.

I have been looking around. I have typically seen about $150. one or two for $100. He actually offered to just give it to me, but I want his car running and know he could use the extra cash. So I told him I would give him some cash for it. We are friends so I get a good deal, and he gets cash outta it.

For sure. I can't wait to get his teg running either. It's nice, I am jealous. well tomorrow I pick up the rear disc swap. I plan on turning the rotors at work on monday and probably replacing the pads sometime next week after I get paid again. Next on my list is an aem accessory eliminator kit just the crank pulley with the alternator belt only. Should drop a bit of weight on the crank. After that the plan is a tuned ecu and conversion harness. If anyone knows a good site to find ecus that the place will tune for your setup let me know!! I wanna get an exhaust as well but I probably will not end up getting one for a bit anyways.

Last edited:
Another couple side jobs came up. First of all some rear brakes on a 2000 cady seville, my mom's friend, that I have known forever, so I am giving her a good deal. And also a buddy of mine and I picked up a 92 accord lx with a blown head gasket, for $600 to fix and sell. Best part about it is that the owners of the car know my friend who is going in on it with me really well and are willing to basically give us the car and wait for payment til we sell it. It comes with full coilover suspension, some white 6 spoke 17" wheels, and a spotless interior. The suspension is going to be swapped onto the friend's car he has a 91 ex. We are going to throw his basically brand new stock suspension on the lx, and may switch the wheels as well. It has about 174,000 miles on which isn't too great but for the condition of the car I am thinking we should at least be able to get $1200 out of it.

Got the civic running finally, got a ton of work done on the accord. Brakes were done by someone else. Bought a set of brand new kyb struts, and shocks for $100 on craigslist.com for the civic. Next up a set of lowering springs from eibach, skunk2, or progress. I need to convert it to obd-1 and get it tuned so I don't go blowing up all my hard work.

Would you happen to have any use for a stock D16Y8 ruel rail and injectors??? I'm trying to get rid of it, but nobody seems to need any...

Megan racing cam gear, new tensioner ordered. cam gear should be here in 3 or 4 days, and the tensioner will be home and installed tomorrow.

I am looking for a relatively stock motor it's my daily driver. I am trading my coilovers on the car for a set of 93 gsr wheels the 14" ones. I was planning on going with eibach or skunk2 springs on the kyb struts/shocks anyways. I also got ahold of a 95 gsr rear brake swap by gettin rid of some extra stuff in my garage.

Back