Definatly one of the happiest days of my life

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

navtecftw

So, I have a generation 2 integra. I love her. Yes, I'm sad, I know. Unfortunately, due to mechanical problems, I'm going to be replacing her.

Well, I don't have any credit, but I applied for a loan from my bank anyway. Talked to the lady a bit, and turns out I'm eligible for enough to buy just the car I've been wanting: a fit. It's small, it's got good gas mileage, good reviews, and if I ever decide to do any modifications (not for a long time), it's already got mad aftermarket support. I'm so happy.

Anyway, I haven't got it yet, but I'm sure I'll end up going for the base model because of the price. I've been doing some research, but I figure I'll ask.. anything I should look out for? This is my first time buying a new car, so I'm kinda wary about it. Don't worry if it's obvious advice, I'll take what anyone has to give. The only thing that makes me really sad about the situation is I don't think I have a lot of time to work things in my favor.

Yes. Yes she does. And any help would be gladly appreciated. o.o

Hmm.. Anyway. Opinions. I'm stuck between black and orange. I can't decide which one I like better. Ironically, those are the colors of the high school I went to, but that has NOTHING to do with this decision. I like white as well, but I'm not sure how good it'd look on a fit.

I realize it's my car, but still, I like to hear the opinions of others. ;)

white would look good on a Fit, but so would black...

but everyone knows how hard it is to take car of black paint

orange will be harder to sell than black down the line.... keep a standard color IMO.

black is hard to keep clean though.

you'll get the best deal on one thats sitting on the lot....

and why not try the honda financing? i will bet the interest is lower than the banks....

Don't get black. Thats all I have to say.

Don't get black! Get Vivid Blue Pearl. BTW the orange color is ugly... but that's just my opinion. I didn't replace my teg... I only replaced that I use the Teg as a daily driver. :D Now teggie is boosted and the Fit is my AutoTragic grocery getter. If you're only considering those two colors, I say get Orange... because black will look horrible in 2 years. It looks SICK when it's clean, but it gets dirty SO fast... I love the Blue color. That's why when I saw the blue one next to the orange one, I knew blue was for me. Most get Silver, and behind that is the light blue color, but that's only for base model. If you can get a Sport, do it. it's only 900 more and WAY worth it for the options.Now, I paid 16k for mine, but manual will be cheaper. It doesn't get the 37mpg it claims on hwy, but I have gotten as little as 32 and as much as 35. It's perfect for what I got it for. Toting the kids SAFELY to and from houses. It's not fast, but paddle shift is fun... and if I miss the MT that much, I drive the teg. They told me they wanted 21k for the Fit Sport with the HFP wheels and I told them to suck a dick. Took the wheels off, got the cargo tray, floor mats, and a couple other little things for 16k. Don't let them rape you on the Honda Care, either. That should cost about 1200 for the 7 year/120k warranty. Either way, if you can walk out paying MSRP, you're on par with the other folks who bought one. You shouldn't pay more than MSRP, I got lucky when I got mine for less. Let me know how it goes! And I'm going to either get an Auto K swap or the supercharger... :D

Last edited:
So, you want a poll? Here's pics (stolen from Honda Tech for visual purposes) so you can make a wise decision. I say blue. But here's white, orange, blue, and black.
fit1.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

TTEEvnet134.jpg

DSC03930Small.jpg

It may be the lighting but that 'orange' is a travesty on the eyes.

Are the lower 3 wearing the stock Sport lip kit?

Any idea what the tire size and wheel size/offset is on the black one? ;)

The orange one is badass. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The lower 3 have the OEM sport lip kit. Mine has them too. :) As for the tire stuff, I don't know, I'd havw to ask the owners.

Cool. I never paid that much attention to the lip kits in the dealer lot- maybe because I haven't had a chance to drive a manual Sport yet. Can you link me to the threads that the pictures came from?

That black one looks bad ass.. But I'll agree with everyone else, black is a total pain in the ass to keep clean.

White doesn't look bad, and it hides dirt surprisingly well.

Orange.. That pic makes it look totally shitty. I hope its better than that in real life, because if it isnt, I'mma be sad.

I vote white.

And yes, the orange actually looks prettier. It's growing on me. I don't hate it, but I still don't think I would have bought it. Is this better?
GD3_12.jpg

Wow. The blue is pretty, and yes, the orange does look wayyy better in person. I saw one drive past work once and thought it was beautiful. The more I think about it the more I remember how much I told myself I'd never drive another black car. :( I love them, but in my area, it is hard to keep stuff clean. Maybe white or blue... who knows.

Unfortunatly, there's not a lot out here. The two closest dealerships only have one on the lot, and I'm not going for an auto. I'm done with that. They can be nice, but I miss driving a standard almost every day.

Hmm.. Blue or white. Blue has never really been a color for me, but I'll think about it. The prospect of whites whole looking clean thing.. yeah.. that's tempting.

What's so special about the sport? I was looking at the two, and it looked like it just had a few more accessories. I figure I can do most of that later. Anything special suspension wise or something? I'll do some research, but I'm sure I'll miss something.

BTW... check out FitFreak.net. They've got a lot of good stuffs there too. The sport has the 200w stereo with 2 tweeters, the lip kit, alloy wheels std, and better tires. I don't think there's any suspension upgrades, but to me, I just couldn't get into how the base looked. Maybe it was the lip kit that did it, but I just thought it was worth getting the Sport. That and I got the auto so the Sport AT has the 5 speed with paddle shift. :) If you're going to get a manual, it won't matter, but I hate driving my boyfriend's Fit. His is 5sp Manual and there's just something about how it drives I don't like. :p

Last edited:
Back