Del Sol Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I really love my car. There is nothing like taking to top off and cruising on a nice summer day. My top hardly ever leaks and it has to rain hard for like 3-4 days straight for it to leak a little. It's not that common to see one around here (Birmingham, AL) so people are always like that's a cool car.

i actually would buy one of your sols, but im way the hell over here in new mexico...and i cant go to the east coast for a car. parents wont let me. now if it ends up being hard to find a sol over here, my aunt and uncle live over there, i may be able to get them to get it for me, and drive it back here when they come. ill see what happens.

brian, is the price still $4k? si?

and solreaver, what are you asking? si?

y put gsr just get one with a b16a2 in it build that it would be cheaper and close to the same seed

because ive always wanted to build the gsr up. and its a b16a3 not 2...

b16a3:
Displacement (cc): 1595
Power (bhp@rpm): 160@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 111@7000
Compression Ratio: 10.4:1

b18c1:
Displacement (cc): 1797
Power (bhp@rpm): 170@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 128@6200
Compression Ratio: 10.0:1

higher displacement, more hp, more torque, lower compression ratio. that and i want to DO a swap, not get a car with an good engine in it already.

actually I am pretty sure that the 96 and 97 VTEC sol had the A2 in it because the a3 was never OBD2.

I love my sol. It is a diffrent car. Only bad thing, when you go to bed in the spring when storms are coming put the top on otherwise you will shit your self in the morning :ph34r: My seats are still drying. lol

If you lube the seals (with die electric grease) the rattles basicly totally stop. Also, when I put my rear strut bar on my car, the rattles quieted down a little.

Basicly everything that applys for the EG goes for the Sol

ya, didnt think about that.

mine will be in the garage at my house, so i wont have to worry about the top. but i would worry about going to the store or something and leaving it down. people fuck around a lot. dont you worry about it?

my dad doesnt want to deal with getting a new car until after my aunt and uncle leave. 1 week. so we'll see what happens. you guys think its a good idea holding out for the si? worth it to have 4 disk brakes? id like to have power windows

Originally posted by asmallsol@May 9 2003, 10:18 PM
actually I am pretty sure that the 96 and 97 VTEC sol had the A2 in it because the a3 was never OBD2.

B16A3 = 96-97 Del Sol VTEC, OBD2
B16A2 = 99-00 Civic Si, OBD2(b?)

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@May 9 2003, 10:45 PM
id like to have power windows

all sols come with power windows stock...i have a 93 S, wiht no ac, no power steering, but yes power windows.....

$4k, 94 si.

shit, i'll throw in the teins and the brembo blanks/ebc greens i just got to replace the old brakes
thats like paying 2500 for the car.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob+May 10 2003, 09:39 AM-->
Originally posted by Afipunk21@May 9 2003, 11:59 PM
asmallsol
@May 9 2003, 10:18 PM

but the del sol vtec was in 94 and 95 wasnt it?

brian you have a pm.

The VTEC was 94-95 OBD1, 96-97 OBD2

The 97 vtec is the most rare out of all of them.

BTW B great price. If I was in the market for a sol right now, I would get on a plane right now and pick that up.

Originally posted by Afipunk21+May 10 2003, 05:59 AM-->
asmallsol
@May 9 2003, 10:18 PM

According to the Honda parts book and Raseini (who just put one in his civic) the 96-97 Delsols had B16A2's,And When I was buying my timing belt I was going through the parts book and it listed the 96-97 as the B16A2.

ya, so you can or cant put a sway bar on non vtec models? without itr lca.

Yep, but if you want a oem one you still ned to swap LCA's. Any 92 up Integra, VTEC Sol, or 99-00 Civic Si ones will work. There are even a couple aftermarket ones available (lighter) now. There are aftermarket Swaybar setups that do not need new LCA's.

srr%205pc%20kit.jpg

as far as aftermarket ones...you mean the purple lca?

Back