Dexter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just look through on tuesday afternoon for new releases. its usually more than the 3-5 that i get to watch in a weeks time, so it adds up eventually :D

everything is ATLEAST DVD quality on the PS3. i think it upconverts the signal, since it is connected to my TV at 1080i.

yeah, i have no issues with quality at all. it's as good or better than any torrent i otherwise would have watched it on, xvids, mkvs, etc.

i watch netflix via media center (which my HTPC runs). the few things that are in HD, i still get locked to the 1500kbps bit rate quality, even though it goes up to 3800. ill only get the true HD 3800 stream if I manually force it in the player settings, and i cant force it for every HD item, i have to do it each time, or it just stays at 1500. PITA. plenty of people with WMC have the same issue, not sure if its a netflix or windows issue. dont get me wrong, it still looks decent at DVD quality, just wanted to rant lol. i have a 25Mbps connection so i can handle the stream easy.

my blu ray player auto-detects and has an HD icon on the 'quality' stream when buffering if loading.

in all honesty, i can't tell the different on my 32" 720p bedroom lcd from about half quality on up. its all the same to me. I CAN however, tell a sound difference. It's a little more "128kbps" mp3 sounding at lower quality levels. And that's wireless from my room to my office. I usually never see anything but full standard, or full hd wireless. Only when i go far away from the router to i start losing quality, and thats because my internal signal strength isn't capable of it.

Back