Do you do your own swaps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Just curious how many people do their own car work on this site...

Lets make a rating of 1 through 5...

1 would be you don't know shit and take your car to a shop for everything including oil changes...

2 would be you do minimal maint and customization (neons, headlight change, tail light change etc) but would take your car to a shop for springs or to get your body kit fitted...

3 would be someone who does everything to their own car except serious motor or drivetrain swaps...

4 would be you do your own swaps, but leave the motor building to someone more experienced

5 would be you do all your own work including rebuilding or engine building and custom turbo kits and the like...

I probably could handle 5, but I can't afford to risk destroying a multi-thousand dollar engine just to practice: "Oopsie, those bearings were just a little too tight." :) I might try rebuilding the CRX's EW1 after the swap and putting it in the Civic (if It works after I rebuild it :) )

3. ocassionally 4 and 5 if airjockie is around. :D

Originally posted by revolution8k+Mar 8 2004, 10:41 AM-->
Airjockie
@Mar 8 2004, 10:26 AM
5 :ph34r:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Funny thing is....

I can:

Pull an engine of the wing of a piper chieftain, dismantle it, send the case halvesout for machineing, inspect the crank, build it all back up, put it back on the wing within a 2 week period, have the engine fly before my eyes 3000 flight hours, and do it again. and a total of 6 engines. (3 planes)

Pull the....etc.....off of a Kingair 100, do the hotsection, re-install and watch..etc...

Swap countless engine swaps on F-15's....

Swap an engine on a Blackhawk in 4 hours.....

Rebuild a wing on an airplane after a pelican hit it while the plane was landing...(that was a mess)

Build a static display with an old F15 for a Veterans Memorial Park...

do all kinds of highly technical work in the aviation world......

Put a turbo on my CRX in one night....

Sustain a 240sx trany on my chest for 2 hours....

pop a clutch in and out of my CRX in an afternoon....

do a complete AE86 sr5---GTS conversion.......

But I cant for the life of me figuare out this damn CEL on the accord engine I just swapped..... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

maybe i can help you out, i had all sorts of bugs to figure out with a 93 accord h22 swap, what seems to be your problem?

<---2. Am I the only two here? lol. I'd rather take my car to the mechancs for the oil changes. It gives me a chance to walk underneath my car and inspect it. Then I also have them check my brakes and shit for free.

After reading the Sunday threads in here yesterday... I think that I am a very HAPPY number 2. To be any happier would be Airjockie's or nfn's neighbor. ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back