do you have to swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh and i'm getting a parts car which is also a cx, and it has the exact same engine in it

Or you could put a IHE H22 or K20 in the car, It would be faster than any 200/250 whp turbo sohc junk and it would be a basically stock motor so more reliable.... I think the best way to figure out what to do is to first figure out what you plan to spend. And instead of establishing a horsepower goal establish a quarter mile goal.

Originally posted by jimboburgess+Aug 24 2005, 05:08 PM-->
sihatchback_RL
@Aug 24 2005, 02:50 AM
i say go with a B....you'll never regret it in the long run.....
[post=544393]Quoted post[/post]​

If your horsepower goals are only around 200 then there is no reason to pay the extra expense of a B series.
[post=544523]Quoted post[/post]​

Sure there is, the reason would be that he is at his goal with OEM realiblity.

Head swaps and boost not can, but will, lower the life expectancy of any motor. I can only pass on my own experiance on the matter. I have been abusing my B like a bad crackwhore, and it is only now reaching midlife, while I have a few friends that have had all kinds of D's and builds that are sitting in the junkyard now. Jusr recently had a friend with a D16Z6 retire that thing with a rod through the block from driving it not even as hard as I drive mine.

B series to do go fast with OEM quality. This is not to say that OEM quality cannot be acheived by carfully planning your build and double/triple checking everything. Doing such costs more money usually.
such as prepping the engine for boost, by reinforcing what needs it, this leaves you with down time and an empty wallet.

It is always possible to do a b series swap really cheaply, just wait and some integra will come up cheaply.

I highly recommend that you ditch the D15B8!!!11
It is very slow. VERY SLOW REALLY FREAKIN' SLOW
Why start off with the lowliest motor that honda made for the model

:with stupid:

and that artice that was posted here-- thats for a 4th gen. a lot of that doesn't apply.

Originally posted by civic+93,Aug 31 2005, 11:24 PM-->
@Aug 31 2005, 09:21 PM
I have a 93 CX and mine came with a D15B7 and a 4 wire 02 all from the factory. I bought it from the original owner, a old guy that liked to golf alot and it's the original motor. From all the different stories i've heard from this forum and honda-tech it looks like honda just put in the car what they had laying around. I just got lucky with the 4 wire 02. One less step for my swap.
[post=548068]Quoted post[/post]​

and yours says "16 valve" on the valve cover?, and hopefully i got lucky as well
[post=548144]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I went outside and checked again, just to be sure. It's a D15B8 and just says "Honda Motor Co" with the "H" symbol under it. I don't know. I wish I woulda "got lucky..." :p

well it turns out the engine is a D15b7 i guess honda made a mistake and put the DX engine in the CX, haha oh and i got a 1992 CX for parts with a rebuilt engine in it when i opened the hood there on the valve cover was "16 valve honda motor company" i read the block and sure enough "D15b7"...i guess i got lucky

and i dont understand why you would want to swap the engine in your daily driving car, with the retarded gas prices why go with a bigger engine, if yah got the money then well you can, but it seems to me (being a highshool junky). I gotta work with what i got, a b16A is out of the picture and unrealistic i know i said i wanted at least 200hp, but eff that 150whp at the most is good, and i dont want turbo (which is to easy and just kills your engine without proper tuning). i want a realible and inexpensive way to get at least 150whp ( i'm not cheap, i'm just poor). and i also understand that there is ways to get these things to make your car burn 15% less gas and says gives you more power (i see it on the informercials probley a cheap thing that dosn't work) but yah i'm not saying swapping is stupid hahaha i'am a member at hondaswap.net i'm just saying its not for me yet and maybe in about 10 years i'll complete a swap, but in 10 years i see and evolution of society and we will be living like "Mad Max" but yah i'm gonna shutup, so anyone who knows of cheap reliable ways to get your engine to at the most 150whp or a little less please help!!!!!! oh and i got a D15B7

Let me impart the ultimate wisdom of the automotive enthusist upon you...

Cheap and reliable will not be fast
Cheap and fast will not be reliable
Reliable and fast will not be cheap

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Sep 5 2005, 08:26 PM
Let me impart the ultimate wisdom of the automotive enthusist upon you...

Cheap and reliable will not be fast
Cheap and fast will not be reliable
Reliable and fast will not be cheap
[post=549916]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahah :lol: thats deff the best thing i heard all day hahahaha thank you very much

Originally posted by civic@93,Sep 5 2005, 08:08 PM
and i dont understand why you would want to swap the engine in your daily driving car, with the retarded gas prices why go with a bigger engine, if yah got the money then well you can, but it seems to me (being a highshool junky). I gotta work with what i got, a b16A is out of the picture and unrealistic i know i said i wanted at least 200hp, but eff that 150whp at the most is good, and i dont want turbo (which is to easy and just kills your engine without proper tuning). i want a realible and inexpensive way to get at least 150whp ( i'm not cheap, i'm just poor). and i also understand that there is ways to get these things to make your car burn 15% less gas and says gives you more power (i see it on the informercials probley a cheap thing that dosn't work) but yah i'm not saying swapping is stupid hahaha i'am a member at hondaswap.net i'm just saying its not for me yet and maybe in about 10 years i'll complete a swap, but in 10 years i see and evolution of society and we will be living like "Mad Max" but yah i'm gonna shutup, so anyone who knows of cheap reliable ways to get your engine to at the most 150whp or a little less please help!!!!!! oh and i got a D15B7
[post=549911]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe nobody has suggested this, but you could easily swap in an Integra ls motor (b18b) for $400 at the most. Those motors are almost as pelntiful as D16's are, and they have more potential.

But i will say i like Brian's idea of turboing the motor you already have in the car. The added torque will make it fun to drive, and you will rape swapped hondas with stock bseries motors.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 6 2005, 02:35 AM
Maybe nobody has suggested this, but you could easily swap in an Integra ls motor (b18b) for $400 at the most. Those motors are almost as pelntiful as D16's are, and they have more potential.

But i will say i like Brian's idea of turboing the motor you already have in the car. The added torque will make it fun to drive, and you will rape swapped hondas with stock bseries motors.
[post=549921]Quoted post[/post]​

Someone has mentioned it, and find a LS for under a grand is a luck score, hell $1500 is a good deal (complete swap, motor is useless without the rest), they generally go for around $2000.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Sep 5 2005, 08:40 PM-->
Cashizslick
@Sep 6 2005, 02:35 AM

Someone has mentioned it, and find a LS for under a grand is a luck score, hell $1500 is a good deal (complete swap, motor is useless without the rest), they generally go for around $2000.
[post=549925]Quoted post[/post]​

Im not playing liar liar, but i see LS motors go for $300 - $400 all the time here in Springfield.

Guess we are out of touch with the market.

look for a totaled inegra at junkyards, buy calling alot, but the whole thing. You can find a totaled one for like 2000 or less.

It will give you brakes, suspension, and a motor. If your luck maybe some wheels or grey seats to.

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Sep 6 2005, 02:47 AM
Im not playing liar liar, but i see LS motors go for $300 - $400 all the time here in Springfield.

Guess we are out of touch with the market.
[post=549933]Quoted post[/post]​

Only Integras we had in Germany were ITR's, and online they go for $2000. Around here IF you find one in a yard, it is a picked clean, or around the same price. If you can pick them up that cheap, I want two (no, I am not kidding).

Originally posted by scottp11@Sep 5 2005, 09:43 PM
Yep, 94-01 for a hydrolic tranny. 90-93 had cable tranny's.
[post=549979]Quoted post[/post]​

yah the CX is hydrolic, and i'd also have to get the ecm? maybe new engine mounts (or i could fa"TRY" to fabricate them) cause theres alot rust around the engine bay. what else would i have to replace? trannY? this is probley all in FAQ but come on guys, don't make me search

if you buy a parts car you have everything you need to swap the engine. It is as simple as if it doesn't fit off the teg reuse bits from your civic.
I did this swap, doing all the work myself it cost me $950 plus a bunch of hours. And that gave me 120-130 whp, disc brakes, 15.4 second 1/4 mile times(due to a wornout clutch), a rear tie bar new wheels and tires. . . more if i wanted it.

here's a list
use the tegs
motor
trans
axles
shift linkage
engine mounts(all five; two on top, one on the trans and two in the front of the bay)
Front brakes
Rear trailing arms
master cylinder maybe depending on ABS (not necessary)
Rear lower control arms
Rear tie bar
seats
Do a front end coversion
you will need the tegs wheels and tires or bigger wheels at least the cx's steels won't fit over the brakes
Change the dash over if you want to wire abunch of stuff.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 5 2005, 08:35 PM-->
@93,Sep 5 2005, 08:08 PM
[post=549911]Quoted post[/post]​

lol at "raping" bseries swaps with a stock single cam + turbo.... MIGHT beat them but will not rape them.....IF it will even beat them....

And dude if you have problems filling up your tank right now you dont need to be considering making more power than you already are.. You are in highschool, just finish it, get a job that pays decient go to college and build a car in your spare time when you might have more money. In the mean time just let all the little spoiled faggots have their fast cars that their parents are buying for them and make good grades.

Back