Do your brakes suck?

Would there be any interest in this?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there be any interest for some serious brakes that fit under 15" and 16" wheels? I'm not talking a "junkyard" setup using Corrado rotors and Accord wagon/ ITR calipers... I'm talking a genuine big brake setup with some serious calipers (or the option to use your OEM calipers), a choice of three pad compounds, SS lines, and racing brake fluid, all in one box, developed under real racing conditions to ensure that the components you get in your system are designed to work in harmony with each other.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 10 2004, 01:18 PM
im aware of fast brakes and willwood... but they aren't what im looking for.

What are you looking for that Brian doesn't do?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 10 2004, 02:04 PM
if it comes with 4 piston calipers
and will BOLT on
and clear my 15x7's
and is under $1000

i'm in

lol... B, you've spent upwards of 20K on the Sol, and you still think there's parts out there that just "BOLT on?" About the only thing that is, is your oil filter. ;)

Sure, I'm interested- but I'm very happy with my FastBrakes setup too. It performs very nicely.

B- my 4 wheel setup from FastBrakes was only $1042 shipped, and that included stainless lines for the Wilwoods too. If I went with blanks, it would have been $100 cheaper.

id be interested but also would corrado rotors fit on my 94 accord? caue id be interestedin doin that to if it would work....never heard about it...and the wagon claiper how much bigger are they?

I need better brakes, but I'm more on a tighter budget then under 1000.

My set up I'm saving up for is Integra brakes all around on my crx, and I'm upgrading to hp+ pads, ss lines, and brembo blank rotors. Biggest I can fit under my 14" wheels. Also I'm upgrading to the integra mastercylinder/booster.

But if you can come up with a better set up in a box for under 500 that'll actually make me stop faster, not lock up faster, then I would probably look into it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 10 2004, 04:17 PM
lol the oil filter? nope.

had to put the sandwhich thing together. haha

next?

Actually, *I* put the sandwich thing together. ;)

if you really are considering making an upgrade kit, make sure that you remember that things like the Teg spindles are not the same as the civic spindles and so on.

I just upgraded my brakes because my swap melted the front caliper, wore the pads down way to fast and warped my rotors after 6months.

Integra spindles
gsr calipers upfront
axxis brake pads
ss lines
gsr brembo cross drilled and slotted upfront
normal size brembo cross drilled and slotted in rear
new oem calipers for rear
new master cylinder
new brake booster
new proportioning valve
new check valve
dot 4 fluid
=
:D
very nice setup
expensive but worth it

make some for other cars like prelude and accord :thumbsup:

o yea lightweight rotors that arent drilled and have good cooling in the package would be nice!

I think my brakes sustained permenant damage on rt 17. lol. I should have done a better job cooling them off.

I would definitley be down for a nice kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back