dont do pizza delivery....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

right, all i am doing is adding length to the socket itself, not the actual torque wrench...

Kudo's to you for this man.

Seriously, there are a shit ton of people on here that don't bother doing any research, and ask everybody questions about every aspect of their cars and what to do about it. You take the time to look into things, and ask the questions that are pertinent to a certain step of your build.

Keep it up man. Wish you well with your build. Keep us posted.

Thanks man, Wish me lots of luck, cus I just got out of work and am going to start the rebuild :) will post pics when I am finished for the day

Oh, and I just got a call from a place called Uncle Eds Oil Shoppe for an interview tomorrow morning :)!

Last edited:
The interview went really well today :)

Yesterday I spent about 6 hours working on getting the head back on and getting lines and stuff ran. All I have left to do today is run fuel to the rail, double check everything, do timing (which I have no idea what I am doing so today I get to read and learn what thats all about), double check everything, run oil and coolant and see if she fires up. Keep in mind I am doing everything on my own, so thats why it is taking so long. Heres some pics from yesterday:

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

^_^

its always a good idea to turn the motor over by hand(ratchet) a couple revolutions to make sure the timing belt is still tight and there is no interferance with the valves.

:thumbsup: oh yes, I got most of what I need to do, cam pointing up, crank at tdc for the #1 piston on the compression stroke. The only thing I dont know how to do is the dizzy. My manual only really goes into it if I am changing the cap and rotor out, not if its completely off. I didnt move the rotor or anything inside when i took it off.

The distributor only goes on one way. Towards the fire wall is advance and towards the front of the car is retard. :)

I think he was talking about the teeth on the dizzy that go into the cam, which also only will go in one way.;)

ok cool thats what i thought. I got that all on, but now im stuck on getting the timing belt on...I can get the 14mm wrench on the tensioner, but it wont budge. Am I doing something wrong? From what I understand(and i must be wrong), I have to turn the tensioner to loosen the tension on the belt, then slide the belt on and then release the tensioner to regain the tension. Now I am trying to do all of this with the lower cover on because I might have to take off a motor mount to get to the cover bolts. I know most of you dont have f22s, but anyone know what I am doing wrong. I even have a picture in my haynes that shows exactly what I am trying, but nothing is happening

You have to get that bolt loose, your doing it right, get a little pipe on the ratchet to give you some more torque.;)

cool, I bought a 3 foot pipe, but its not wide enough for the tools I have, so ill have to go grab a bigger one. Thanks ef :cool:

usually the headgasket causes the overheating
not the other way around

headgaskets are wear items, they eventually go bad from use

do some more research on the H22/F22 combo
from what I have read its not a bolt and play frank motor
It is a bolt and play combo. Just finished my swap up. Easier then you think .

If you're really going to build it in your bedroom, make sure you can get it out. Otherwise, you have a really, really expensive and heavy paperweight.

I've heard a couple stories like that--

"I got the idea to build the motor in my kitchen/basement/bedroom/whatever, and..."

It always ends in "I couldn't get it out"

hahaha that would totally suck, I have a pretty heavy duty dolly that ive toted a complete engine around on, but thanks George ^_^. Most likely it will be clayed in my room, then put completely together in the car...honestly I dont know because I havent even started it yet.

As for an update on the Accord, I plan on trying the whole timing thing tomorrow. But this: :mad: pretty much sums it up when I am working on that.

Ok guys, heres an update and some more questions for everyone. I havent been posting a lot lately because I just got a new job in a shop finally, so my car also has been neglected. Today I went out and tried my luck again with the timing belt, I got the tensioner pulley bolt broke lose finally. After I got that broke lose I still couldnt move the timing belt around, I cant get to the thing that you have to move around once that bolt is lose(sorry for not knowing the name of that one). Again, I do still have the lower timing cover on(only because I would have to take the crank pulley off to remove the timing cover which isnt something I have the room to do). Anyways, thats basically where I stand right now, everyother thing is completely done, just need to do timing. So if anyone has any recommendations I would greatly appreciate them. ^_^ The first picture is of the bolt I took off which is the tensioner pulley, and the other is as it sits, enjoy. :ph34r:

blah1.jpg

blah5.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know how my accord is going: Got the engine all put back together and she runs, a little rough, but it runs. It surges when I accelerate(intake mani leak?) and I have to address that issue before I can drive it a lot, and do a little ignition timing tweaking. But overall, shes alive again, and I would like to thank everyone that helped :) I will post a video as soon as I can (even as it sits, running pretty rough) to show you guys what im talking about.

:cool:

Back