DOWN PIPE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
so i'm getting a custom DP made by some one...i dont know who yet...any way i was wondering what & how many mandrel bends i should buy....like 4 90 deg bends or something??

i'm only putting this ont the DP
bd_1.JPG

and routing it out of the side or ill leave it under the car

ohh and how much hp could i safely squeez out of 450cc inj....i forgot

you're going to have to design your own plan man... ifyou don't know where your putting it, how can you get bends.

find a place to mount that useless excuse of a muffler, and then find some piping to suit.

i think you'll find mounting that thing to be a bitch

yeah ive decided agains it...but what about the bends for the DP...what should i buy??

i got quoted $140 for the 3" vband DP...is that good??

45 off the turbo
down a foot or so
another 45
piping back

so 2 bends i guess... assuming your running a normal design exhaust...

I had to buy one of these in 3" to make the downpipe in my ED7 hatchie fit right. Ended up using the two 180* mandrels I bought in trade for other parts... What a waste, but they just wouldn't fit.

donuts.jpg

where did you buy them??? and what was the problem .....

Quoted post[/post]]
where did you buy them??? and what was the problem .....

The crossmember was too close to the outlet of the turbo for a standard bend pipe, so we had to find the smallest bend possible... that's a donut.

It BARELY squeaked in, had MAYBE 1/4" clearance at the bottom of the DB to the crossmember.

But OH MAN, it looked and worked SWEET.

theres no real need for a muffler, it's quiet enough. and dont let the exhaust dump out under the car, for one it covers underneith ur car in black soot, and number 2, most drag strips require that the exhaust at the least exit the body of the vehicle. now where it exits, thats up to you.

ive always liked right behind the passenger side front tire.

Back