engine load detector? HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I've read the Haynes a few times.... among other information (like the Honda factory service manual). Hey, I just hope I cleared it up for everyone.

On the newer model hondas the e.l.d. is part of the fuse box, 1999 and up. older models, its part of the alternator.

On the newer model hondas the e.l.d. is part of the fuse box, 1999 and up. older models, its part of the alternator.

Really? :huh: Where did you get that information from? Cuzz that's not what it says in my trusty haynes manual...

i got rid of the check engine light last night. i had my friend that tunes and shit just disable it. its running fine with no problems so problem solved.... the generic way! :)

I don't believe you. State your sources.

Honda Factory Service Manual for 92-95 Civics:
eld92.bmp

i got rid of the check engine light last night. i had my friend that tunes and shit just disable it. its running fine with no problems so problem solved.... the generic way! :)

Right on. The only difference you will notice is the idle wont get adjusted when you turn on components (change load) as nicely as it did before.

Good job sir.

4U2H8ME posted: "I'm a honda employee, can ur haynes manual beat that?"

4U2H8ME, you deleted your post... Don't forget that Hondaswap sends a message to your e-mail address saying when and what was posted... Good try though, "honda employee".

4U2H8ME posted: "I'm a honda employee, can ur haynes manual beat that?"

4U2H8ME, you deleted your post... Don't forget that Hondaswap sends a message to your e-mail address saying when and what was posted... Good try though, "honda employee".

lol.

i heard you gotta change the fuse box and thats it, my car did this after i had a short, carpet caught fire, and o2 sensor fried lol havent changed it yet, and also that your alt, is going. but when you eld is blown then it makes your alt. crank out more then what its supposed to. so start by changin fusebox

Well, I got another underhood fuse box from the junkyard. I disassembled the entire fuse box, down to the smallest part. I did not see any kind of "box" in there. Is the ELD some sort of enclosed box, or just a series of formed metal that leads to fuse ends? I'll take a picture today if anyone is confused on what I'm talking about.
Also, the fuse box is from a 93 integra, the same year as my car. I haven't installed it yet, because I wasn't sure if it was missing the ELD or not, since I did not see any "box"... Thanks for all the help so far.

you cant see it, its not like a fuse or anything, just replace the box,

you cant see it, its not like a fuse or anything, just replace the box,

There's no box.... What do you mean you can't see it? :ph34r:

I can replace the entire fuse box, too easy... But I want to know how something goes bad, or what made it go bad, and figure out what will make this not happen again. Not just replace a part and call it a day. Thanks though.

Nice try Scott.... But no you cannot remove the ELD from the fuse box without computerized soldering machines.

Follow what Honda says, the whole underhood fuse box must be replaced.

It's not for safety, it's because of the sheer construction of the fuse box to begin with. Kinda like a cell phone.

What do you mean "nice try"? I said I took the junkyard fuse box completely apart down to the smallest part and that I'd post up pic's when I get home from work if you don't know what I'm talking about...

I'm telling you that I did not "see" a box... If you have a good pic of an electrical load detector, maybe I'd recognize what I saw in there and say: "Oh, I didn't know that was the ELD..."

Huh? The ELD is part of an integrated circuit. I have no idea what you think you can do in there, but I know what it looks like. Your not going to be able to solder off the chip that needs replaced.

You will not see any box inside the fuse box...

The fusebox that is located under the hood, next to the battery.... it all needs replaced. Remove all your old fuses and relays, unplug the harness, and slap the new one in.

Here you go, please tell me where the ELD is in these pic's....

S6300312.jpg

S6300315.jpg

S6300316.jpg

S6300317.jpg

Last edited:
"This image or video has been moved or deleted" x4

Back