engine load detector? HELP!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks everyone. I don't know why that guy wouldn't just believe me. I proved it to him like 4 times... Thanks again, and I hope I helped anyone else who had/has an Electrical Load Detector problem with the 90-93 Acura Integra's. Remember, the 90-93's don't have one built into the fuse box, so if you have an ECU that looks for one, you'll have a CEL. I'm getting a P61 ECU on Tuesday or Wednesday, which will clear the CEL and let my vtec work instead of the PR4 I just got.

You could just get a P28 and have it chipped for your engine, along with having ELD disabled. :)

Thanks everyone. I don't know why that guy wouldn't just believe me. I proved it to him like 4 times...

I still don't fully believe you, as I'd like to see it in a text book or published work. But what ever, obviously I'll have to find out for myself outside this thread. In my opinion, it still hasn't been said clearly as to exactly which has what.

Best of luck

so my car smokes alot sometimes. oiil that is. think either rings or valve seals? its a new motor so with less then 40k so.??? i was running it realy rich like 175 a tank. for like a few weeks. think rings could have messed up cyl walls?

so my car smokes alot sometimes. oiil that is. think either rings or valve seals? its a new motor so with less then 40k so.??? i was running it realy rich like 175 a tank. for like a few weeks. think rings could have messed up cyl walls?

hmm what colors the smoke?

blue, i know its oil, not coolant., and im probly burnin a litte to much gas to cuz i gotta replace my o2 sensor. so you think valve seals? it only smokes alot when i cruise in low rpm;s and then take off from a stop right after. but goes away after like 5 sec.

Awwwww, no more electrical load detector questions.....??? Lol

Me, I like to fix things the right way. The way Honda/Acura intended them to be. If I had your car, I would pull the engine, check every wire, every connection, measure voltage, etc. As a last resort, I would delete it, but I know it wouldn't come to that.

pull the engine for all that? i dont think the engine needs to be pulled for that

You're right, I meant to say: ...pull the engine "harness", check every wire, every connection, measure voltage, etc.. Sorry. Lol.

OK so i have a 1992 DA with a b16a in it im running a p28 with a s2 chip but i can start the car fine and it just wont idle but will drive but breaks up at high rpm like 5-6 and hits vtec NO CELS but when i jump the harness to pull up safe mode its pulling a code 20 i cant figure out why it wouldnt show up if i am just running the car normally? if i was to replace the fuse bo what car should i get it from?

Back