Feels good to hit boost again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I seriouslly cant fit a filter, cuz the new positioning of the manifold, its pretty
Close to my P/S bracket, unless i went wire mesh but i dont trust wire mesh. Its under warrenty, but here goes another 2 weeks kf no car.

That was literally within 5 miles after install... Thats shit luck to me. Ive ran months with no filter on another turbo and never had this happen.
Wait... So you drove a turboed car on public streets without a filter? Why would you do that?

No wonder you have "bad valve tap," but I hate to tell you this, but it's probably not valve tap. It's probably rod knock from the holes drilled in your pistons by sand, now causing pre-ignition due to carbon buildup in them, slowly destroying your bearings, wrist pins, and rods.

haha yeah dougie is right. filters are there for a reason man. those "impressions" on your fins is due to your ultra cool vacuum device sucking up as much dirt, grime, and dust it can.

wikedeye said:
You might have voided the warranty by not using a filter.

Nah, im still covered, already discussed it with precision.

And ive ran no filter before, check the pistons and they show no sign of "holes" or wear.

Question for you guys,

So if i start my car and let it idle for maybe 5-10min, after its fully warmed up, it will throw a check engine light, but when i turn the car off and start it, it goes off. I was driving it and came to a redlight and the CEL came on and started struggle to idle, from 500-800rpm and i had to feather the throttle to keep it alive(which it actually died at the stoplight from this). So i finally got a chance to check the CEL and its throwing a code 43 - Fuel supply issue.

Ive driven the car while it was throwing a CEL and didnt show any sign of fuel related problems,
but occasionally i do smell a larger odor of fuel around when this happens.

From my research it coul be the fuel filter, injector related, 02 sensor giving off readings that dont agree with you ECU.

The strange thing is sometime the CEL light with pop on and flash off, and flash back on and stay on and flash off. Like its a bad connection grounding out? and other days it stays off or stays on til i re start the car.

Last edited:
If i let the car idle for long enough itll come on, but goes away if i turn th car off and back on. It comes on while driving occasionally to. Its always random.

But thanks to this rain i now have two swimming pools in my car. Each side oc the car has accumulated a ton of water even after i took a shop vac and sucked it out yesterday. Ughh.

So the CEL hasnt shown its face today, but its struggeling to idle now. I started it, an it would bounce between 500-1000rpm, then die, oover n over unless i kept feathering the gas. Occasionally on start up i hear a whirring/grinding noise for a second, then hear the fuel pump priming. Maybe the CEL and this both involve the fuel pump going bad, since the CEL was fuel system related.

Do you have a walbro fuel pump? I suggest to get a fuel injector purge done, and if that doesnt work, as I keep reading I feel like I've seen this problem before, it could be one of your sensors on the intake side causing symptoms like that (iat, tps, etc etc) I could be wrong but I'd check those first and maybe clean down the iat housing? Or iacv, whichever one is closest to the firewall. Good luck, I hope you don't have a vacuum leak

Sent from my iPhone using awesomeness

Yah i have a walbaro pump, ive had it for about 2 years, so i wouldnt be surprised if it was going back.

Anyone know how to make my car not smell like mildew? 4 straight days of rain and my interior is soaked dispite shop vaccuming the carpet twice.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to make my car smell like mildew? 4 straight days of rain and my interior is soaked dispite shop vaccuming the carpet twice.

just pretty much leave it as is... or vacuum up most of the water but make sure the carpet is still pretty damp...
then just leave it with the windows up...try not to open the car up at all if you can... you need the air to remain stagnant... it should be nice and musty within a few days

really not sure why you want to do that unless its part of some elaborate theft deterrent setup you are going for

vac up the water, then run a dehumidifier in the car for a few days. Then keep a few Damp-Rid things in the car.

This happened to my Fit when SateLlite screwed up my windshield install in L.A. Do you know from where it's leaking?

No, really dont know where. I shop vac'd and carpet cleaned it, and laid baking soda down underneath to draw the water out. Eh..

Back