Feels good to hit boost again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

3" downpipe materials. Having someone come by and fabricate it tomorrow morning. Finally will have the car back on the road.

Attachments

• image-1207249474.jpg
    image-1207249474.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 167
im enjoying this build thread. sorry to hear about the accident hope it all goes good. and glad to c ur car is about to be back on road.

Well i was supposed to have the downpipe done up this weekend but ive been dicked around and now its sunday. Trying to find someone local who can come to me since i cant drive the car, and classes start tomorrow so im gonna be car-less..Such a let down.

Is help but I'm nowhere near ya.

All good, i actually pulled some strings and i have a buddy and his dad coming over shortly to help fabricate. His dad has 15+ years, and he has like 2-3 years of welding experience. Bringing the work truck with all the goodies needed to get the job done. Ill post pictures when i can!

Well downpipe is on, i just have to make adjustments to the mounting bracket for the rest of the exhaust.

Went out for a test drive and blew the gasket between turbo and manifold as well as backed out 2 out of the 4 bolts holding the turbo to the manifold. Have to pull the bumper, downpipe, intercooler and turbo back off after class tomorrow. Not thrilled

Attachments

• image-4011822914.jpg
    image-4011822914.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 175
  • image-1317180883.jpg
    image-1317180883.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 163
Well i got new bolts and put it all back together. Now it has what sounds like a bad valve tap, and the check engine light keeps bouncing on and off, it
Wont stay on long enough to read the code.

Horribly discourage and contemplating selling it all. Over a month with no car, and 1300$ for nothing atm.

Ok well did some adjusting, test drive and it makes 19psi, need a retune obviouslly, but maybe i was ready to give up to easy. Seems ok now. :)

Man the feeling of finally driving the car after a month is probably one of the best feelings. So happy, just gotta play it nice and tweak everything before i start beating her back up. XD

haha, HS support.

I just have bills to pay and then i need to get a retune.

Awesome.. Less then 20miles on a brand new turbo and it has effed up fins. I cant afford to pull it all back off and send it away and have no car for another week+ with school already started..

Why must i have bad luck.

Attachments

• image-3211311580.jpg
    image-3211311580.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I seriouslly cant fit a filter, cuz the new positioning of the manifold, its pretty
Close to my P/S bracket, unless i went wire mesh but i dont trust wire mesh. Its under warrenty, but here goes another 2 weeks kf no car.

That was literally within 5 miles after install... Thats shit luck to me. Ive ran months with no filter on another turbo and never had this happen.

Back