Finally back in the garage....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How much travel does that give you before the tire knocks that whole flare off the car?

400lb springs don't really flex too much under load.... 800lbs per inch in the rear, and when I do get it drivable, I'll have it about 3/4inch away from the fender, and centered in when I toss the adjustable pan-hard bar in with a few washers to camber to top of the tire in....but the 16's will be daily tires, while the 13's are for racing...

Can't you just replace the springs with a solid bar and save some weight?

Adjustable Panhard bar is for re-centering the axle after lowering. Not making it Straight.

Im pretty sure that klyph was making a joke about the stiffness of the springs being like a solid mounted suspension. You guys are terrible at the whole sarcasm thing. :rolleyes:

I started making a tire machine/ vice stand/ grinder mount...and what ever else I can mount to a plate at stomach level.....

DSC03991.JPG

excessive legs will not be added... unless needed...but I will weld some side supports.

DSC03992.JPG

DSC03994.JPG

DSC03995.JPG

DSC03996.JPG

I ran out of gas and wire...going shopping Tuesday....

Vinny finally called me, he should be picking up my Z for a full damn tuning....from valves, valve guides, head work, venturies, carb jets, hot cam, head gasket, and what ever else needs to be done to bring it to full reliable/race able-specs....next week-end.

and my $19 a pair hoosier's came....4 of them.

DSC03989.JPG

:ph34r:

put some supports on the base...and drilled holes to secure the hub to the base...right now the tire machine is set up for 4x100 only...but plans to set it up for 4x114.3 is coming. And it works...it takes another person to hold two screwdrivers, while one uses a prybar to flip the lip on the rim. and did one wheels already... and set the bead.

then test fit it on the cart eerr...car... to see max low.

DSC03999.JPG

DSC04000.JPG

DSC04001.JPG

DSC04002.JPG

DSC04003.JPG

DSC04004.JPG

DSC04006.JPG

DSC04007.JPG

tires are way too stretched clayton. you are supposed to have a flat sidewall unless they are wrinklewalls.

I think he's talking about the lateral offset from lip of rim to edge of tread, which looks to be a few inches.

yeah the bulge is fine... i was always told to keep the edge of tread even with the edge of the rim.

Back