Finally broke down and did it...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

Well, I've been putting it off for a while... I kinda wanted one, but didn't want to spend the money...

I found one online for $76 shipped, so I was gonna order it... But today, I was at WalMart, and saw the RCA Lyra 128mb mp3 player with the earphones that I wanted and an armband for it, for $85. I bought it... Yeah I could have saved $9, but this was here.. :)

B00008VFCS.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Anybody who's thinkin about an mp3 player, this is a great one.. Even has an SC/MMC expansion port so you can add more memory if you want to or have interchangable memory cards... :)

And the quality is UNBELIEVEABLE! I mean UNBELIEVEABLE!!

i think theyt fixed that issue ... but fuck em anyway

i have an ipod. i herd 'bout the battery issue, but i have yet to have a problem with mine, nor has my cousin... and be recharges the shit out of his. cool MP3 player though.

128mb is more than enough for me... 40gb of mp3? I wouldn't know what to listen to... I'd have so much... lol..

Plus if i want more, i buy a 256 or 512 memory stick and pop it in.. :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jan 18 2004, 11:19 AM
128mb is more than enough for me... 40gb of mp3? I wouldn't know what to listen to... I'd have so much... lol..

Plus if i want more, i buy a 256 or 512 memory stick and pop it in.. :)

i had a 256mb rio 600. fuck that. doesnt hold enough shit.

portable players arent that great IMO. i have an mp3 cd-deck and thats all i need.

you talking about the Rio or the lyra? I just use standard USB drag and drop, not the software that comes with it...

And I wont use a MP3 CD Player, because the Anti-shock only lasts for 8 seconds, and when your on a treadmill running, i dont want to have to worry about supporting my CD player just right so i dont skip the music.

I have the iRiver 180T.. It has 128mb mem, built in RADIO that actaully works, and a voice recorder for those "note to selfs" that i constantly us cause im hella forget ful. ALSO, i can record from the radio, and then turn the songs into Mp3's on my comp.

my dad bought the IRiver 256mb setup... I haven't used it, but he rips his CD's into WMA and downloads them to bring to the gym also... I dont think he's tried the radio yet...

I bought the Rio for my ex, cuz she ran 6-8 miles at a time(I don't miss her, but I do miss that body.) Anyway, the sound quality sucked, and it didn't hold shit for songs. I had a mp3 disc player, which was much better, but yeah, too heavy and skipped too much for jogging.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jan 18 2004, 02:36 PM
And I wont use a MP3 CD Player, because the Anti-shock only lasts for 8 seconds, and when your on a treadmill running, i dont want to have to worry about supporting my CD player just right so i dont skip the music.

i hook mine to the treadmill via the belt loop... kinda strap it to the arm. it never bounced on me yet.

In the summer, I plan on running at a track too... plus i love the tiny size and zero weight of the mp3 player... I don't mind the uploading and downloading... remember also... I'm cheap... lol

you have a $450 welding helmet... and a 00 si turbo... and you're cheap??? :don't follow:

THis is noah we are talkign about...

noah will sacrafice FOOD for being able to put something on his car...either that or he'll trade you something for a part for the car...

be on the lookout in about two weeks for him wanting to trade this new mp3 player for a spare tire or something...lol

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 19 2004, 08:32 AM
you have a $450 welding helmet... and a 00 si turbo... and you're cheap??? :don't follow:

Not my welding helmet... belonged to the ex's father...

And the turbo is something i wanted bad.. and still went cheap on some of those parts...

And yes B... I'm VERY cheap... Steve knows... LOL

Back