First real mod goes on the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
So, this weekend, spent from 9:30 in the morning until 7pm installing my new Vishnu uppipe. Everything went pretty smoothly, considering. We had printed instructions from Vishnu guiding us along, and we didn't hit many snags. We had a bit of a problem with a dumb-ass design that Subaru worked into the car regarding a heat shield and an O2 sensor, but otherwise in was a cinch, which is pretty damn good considering we disassembled damn near half the engine bay. :)

I can feel a slight increase in power, and the turbo definitely spools up quicker since there's now no cat between the exhaust manifold and the turbo. So now, I've only got TWO cats instead of three. :) Plus, the turbo sounds much better now, which is always a bonus. :D

Next weekend, in goes the Vishnu crank pulley. Then I get to plug in the reflashed ECU, and then, hello 55 horsepower. :)

don't we all wish we had 4gs to drop on our cars.. =)

0308scc_sti18_z.jpg

:worthy: to dohcvtec_accord

You shoulda ran it at the track a couple times, installed the piping, and then ran it a couple more times. I wanna see track times damnit. :p

I wish I coulda, but the only test n tunes we have here are on Wednesdays, and with all the shit I had to do at work, I couldn't take a day off to get there. You guys have my word that, on the first day our track opens in the spring, I'll have track times. :)

Vishnu > Me

http://www.vishnutuning.com/stage.htm

This is the part I like best:

If you choose to upgrade to the next Stage package offering, simply pay the difference in retail price between the new and old Stage package. In other words, if you already have a Stage Zero package and you want to upgrade to Stage Two, your price is $4045-$1095 or $2950. This upgrade price includes all necessary components as well as the required ECU remapping service

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2003, 12:58 AM
You guys have my word that, on the first day our track opens in the spring, I'll have track times. :)

I don't need you your w3rd persay...but this is going in my Sig so everyday, you'll be reminded :D

nice meng
the vishnu guys are pretty cool, they're shop is right next to modacar.com (used to go down there). they've got a nice AWD dyno there and there are always 5+ scoobies in their parking lot.

sweet! those wrxs already do 0-60 in 5.4 from the factory. you're probably well into the 14's. :D

screw the track, dyno the gains before and after to see what you really got, there is no way to tell just by going to the track (traction issues, humidity, weight differences, etc..)

Originally posted by JDMilan@Nov 3 2003, 07:25 PM
screw the track, dyno the gains before and after to see what you really got, there is no way to tell just by going to the track (traction issues, humidity, weight differences, etc..)

There's no way to dyno the same numbers twice either. You want him to spend 80 bucks for two runs to see the difference between the pipes? how much does it cost to run at a track all night? 20 bucks?

(traction issues on the rollers, humidity, engine temp, drive train efficiencies, etc...)

:p

Sorry Eric, didn't get to take any pics. You can look all you want at the engine bay when you come visit. :)

I may try to get it on a dyno, but there's only one AWD dyno in the area, and it's hella expensive.

On a side note, I can get my ECU reflashed by Vishnu for free for the next year for any mods I put on the car/engine. I think I see some silicone intercooler hoses and a Vishnu downpipe in my near future. :)

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 4 2003, 05:04 PM
The guy who got me into Hinduism (Vaishnava or Hare Krishna) studied with His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in India for eight years.

thats still no match for my Ph.D in Googleonomy! :p

Back