First real mod goes on the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 05:47 PM
Quit hijacking my thread! :p

Go to the track. :lol: :p

It's fuggin closed for the winter. :fuckyou2:

I may actually be hitting up some Solo II stuff in the next few weeks. I'd run this weekend, but since I'll be in one of the modified classes because of that damn uppipe, I want to get my pulley and ECU in so I'm running with 280 horsepower instead of like 235.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 05:50 PM
It's fuggin closed for the winter. :fuckyou2:

haha you got AWD, you can go whenever you want. :D

Get some mods on there and push 300 hp and give the EVOs a run for their 30k price tags.

Are you planning on a FMIC anytime in the future? FMIC >>>> top mounted.

Nah, from what I've read, it's pretty tough to change all the plumbing to a FMIC. I think I'll stick with a TMIC, and get an STi or Vishnu intercooler. I wouldn't want my hood scoop to be Mustang-functionless. :D

I'm working on the mods. :) As I said, next up are the silicone intercooler hoses and a Vishnu downpipe (with the ECU reflash to go along with those mods), and then I start working on the suspension/brakes.

Yeah, I'll just head down to Bandimere Speedway, fire up their 1/4-mile equipment, and take a few runs while no one's looking. :p :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 06:11 PM
Nah, from what I've read, it's pretty tough to change all the plumbing to a FMIC. I think I'll stick with a TMIC, and get an STi or Vishnu intercooler. I wouldn't want my hood scoop to be Mustang-functionless. :D

I'm working on the mods. :) As I said, next up are the silicone intercooler hoses and a Vishnu downpipe (with the ECU reflash to go along with those mods), and then I start working on the suspension/brakes.

Yeah, I'll just head down to Bandimere Speedway, fire up their 1/4-mile equipment, and take a few runs while no one's looking. :p :D

No matter what you do mang, I love you. Not in a gay sort of way, but in a I-want-to-kill-you-and-take-your-car-sort-of-way. :D :ph34r:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

haha I'm afraid to ask how much it is. If I were to buy one, I'd expect two days of being able to rip up some back roads in it. :ph34r:

I think it's about $400. It's not a full replacement of the downpipe. It replaces the upper-half of the downpipe (along with one of the cats) but leaves the third in-line cat in place in the lower-half of the downpipe. So, I'll have removed the most restrictive cat (the uppipe cat) and the next one in line, but it leaves me one cat to be somewhat legal and help me pass emissions. Plus, it's much much cooler and better-designed than the stupid stock downpipe. :)

400? :eek3:

Um I have...nothing near that. (that I can spend...) <_<

Sport Compact car did something like that, put 3 cats into one and still passed Californias' emissions tests. :worthy:

Yeah, fuck the three catalytic converters. Talk about over-engineered.... :roll:

I know, it's expensive, but totally worth it. Most likely, the hoses, downpipe and next ECU reflash will be the end of my power-adding/freeing mods. I can't afford a good intercooler, plus I need to seriously get working on the suspension and brakes. I'm tired of my tires squealing around corners and feeling the bodyroll (even though it's minimal).

What are you plans on the suspension? Custom coilovers with some strut braces etc? or you going to go STi suspension? Does Vishnu make suspension stuff?

<---wants to know for the end of the eventual gravitation to his ultimate dream car, which happens to be a WRX. :D

Not entirely sure yet. I've still got some research to do. I've been mostly concentrating about learning about how my engine works these days.

My buddy is throwing some Prodrive Springs on his WRX pretty soon, so I need to see what those do for him. Vishnu does make a suspension setup, but it's hella expensive. Not sure on the brakes, either. Maybe a nice STi conversion....:)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 4 2003, 06:11 PM

Hmm... there might be an STi intercooler coming available soon too, since you've already skipped on buying Hugh's exhaust...

:D

A'ight. let us all know, I'm always interested in talking about Subaru's little wonder car.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Your car

I'm a loser. what can I say. :shrug2:

I'm not sure. How much does an STi intercooler go for? I doubt that he'll go to an FMIC until he at least gets the I/H/E done, so it might be a little while. He did gain 20 lbft below 4000rpm with some guesswork on the SAFC though!

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I think I remember seeing a used one on Ebay for around $400-$500. He could always go with an upgraded TMIC, but the STi intercooler is already pretty badass.

I think I read somewhere that a FMIC is about 10 times more efficient than a TMIC...which is the same reason radiators are planted at the front of the car. hood scoops can only do so much and only help you at speeds above 45 mph.

Believe me, I really want one. But I can't afford the new intercooler, plumbing, and bumper works that needs to be done to accomodate a FMIC. Plus, it'll most likely completely void my warranty. :)

Back