first snow of the winter

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Can't wait for snow to hit the sierra's. The Evo loves playing in the snow. :)
you got some serious balls if you are gonna hit the Sierra in the snow. Up where i used to live, we would go up in the sequoia forest and those roads are scary as shit. you got the face of a cliff on one side and a 200 or more drop off on the other side. fuck that

Quoted post[/post]]
My 74 vw used to like to get carburator freezing in the morning. ANy time I would try to down shift or stop I would have to keep my foot on the gas and brake at the same time. After seeing last nights monster garage I want another bug. Code white in a bug would be kickass. Maybe it would be more fun than my SIlverado, although 325hp in 4 wheel drive the thing seems to be faster than in 2wd.
hell yea, that monstar garage got me thinkin about a bug.

on a side note. me and a friend are gonna be building a car for those figure 8 races at Irwindale for next season. He already has all the shit for the car, we just gotta paint it and put it together. he's got 2 engines, one is a 377 with about 700hp, which will be too much for that little track, his other is about a 500 hp 350 so that will probably be used. yea so next spring should be fun

I actually remember hitting the pass from the Springs to Florrissant. I had the 4Runner, several changes in clothes (It was sunny, I had a sweater on when I left) enough water for 3 days, canned food, camp stove, rifle and the blankets. Spare fuel can too. I had the CB on the emergency channels, and the FRS listening to weather radio (The east coast HAS NO automated weather band, did you know that Ripper?)

I packed all of this up because the road could turn treacherous at any given minute. And up in Kittredge the passes there are carved out of the rock - so you're driving down these tight hallways of jutted rock for about 30 miles. There, the slightest amount of snow can drift up to 15 feet. So you'll be driving along and suddenly plow into the white fluff. What a wild place.

Quoted post[/post]]
I actually remember hitting the pass from the Springs to Florrissant. I had the 4Runner, several changes in clothes (It was sunny, I had a sweater on when I left) enough water for 3 days, canned food, camp stove, rifle and the blankets. Spare fuel can too. I had the CB on the emergency channels, and the FRS listening to weather radio (The east coast HAS NO automated weather band, did you know that Ripper?)

I packed all of this up because the road could turn treacherous at any given minute. And up in Kittredge the passes there are carved out of the rock - so you're driving down these tight hallways of jutted rock for about 30 miles. There, the slightest amount of snow can drift up to 15 feet. So you'll be driving along and suddenly plow into the white fluff. What a wild place.
:blink: nope i didnt know that,
sounds like a wild place

I built snowmen on RT 80 last year....It was literally stopped with snow past my knees.

That and bald Azenis don't do well in the snow.

Quoted post[/post]]

Come on back and jump into some Code Whites with us. :laugh:

The worst we ever get here where I live is sleet and patchy ice. Parking lots like to freeze over if it gets cold enough. Usually it doesn't.

Lots of rain though, so I think I should be fine running the new Azenis (better wet traction?)

Sleet and Ice + Any type of Azeni = bad

Then again, I haven't used the new ones. You tell me.

Well, the sleet doesn't stick on the roads. The worst we ever have to deal with is patchy ice on the roads but by the time I leave for work the roads have been sanded and enough people have driven them so there are safe lines for you to follow. If they don't cost the grip then I'll probably get a set of the new azenis.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Come on back and jump into some Code Whites with us. :laugh:
:laugh: hell yea get your ass back here, code white party :toot: :drunks:

running azenis in the winter is like taking a crotch rocket to the Harley rendezvous.

sure, it could be fun, and you might survive, but chances are, you're going to get your ass kicked.

Heh. I doubt I'll be making any tire purchases till this summer. The EF came with 13" steelies with decent winter tires on it so that's what I'll be rockin till after the harsh weather. Unless I have a bent wheel, which I think I do.

Quoted post[/post]]
running azenis in the winter is like taking a crotch rocket to the Harley rendezvous.

sure, it could be fun, and you might survive, but chances are, you're going to get your ass kicked.

Won't even make it out of the driveway.

the 14" azenis in the RAIN is suicide, I couldn't imagine snow.

Back