Fittment Problems: B18A to 4g Sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RFHOMI2U

I'm helping my friend do an LS swap into his 4g Civic 4 door. We are having problems making the engine fit. We are just trying to get the motor bolted into the engine bay right now, and we are using a cherry picker. Does anybody have any suggestions? Any tips on dropping it in? Is it completely necessary to shave off the front motor mount bracket on the crossmember to make it fit? thanks. -ryan

do you have aftermarket motor mounts for this swap??? On those cars, you have to make a 6"x6" indention on the drivers side frame rail to clear the alternator pulley....

yeah you do have to make a dent in the driver's side frame rail and take and air hammer to the front mount and chisle it off, you win't need it any more. On that note however, place racing does make a complete repalcement front crossmember that alows you to use the front mount, and it gives you more room for the header not to mention being alot lighter.

OK... we just got a new crank pulley... and i was wondering if there was anything special i should make sure to do or not to do in regards to putting on the new alternator only pully... thanx

i dont know if u got the engine in already, but make sure u put in the rear mount 1st it makes ur life alot easier. and about the alt pulley dont cross thread it :p

what do you mean by put the rear mount on first... u mean bolt the engine up to the rear mount.. then align the other ones? or just make sure the rear mount is on the crossmember then align the other mounts as we drop it in.. then bolt eveything up once its alligned?

boltup the rear mount 1st, then the other mounts should just fall into place. if u do the side mounts 1st u will have to do alot more pushing to get it to align up right.

werd. We will most defnitely do that. We're gonna have to saw off the front mount bracket and put it in without an underdrive pulley this weekend, then we can put the pulley on when it comes in. primary objective is to get the damn engine in!

Back