FMU .vs. Apexi SAFC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey,

I am turboing my D series honda engine, and I am stuck on what fuel management system I should use...

What do you guys think? What are the advantages/disadvantages of both, and what features will I get from using an SAFC..

Also, what do I need to run an SAFC.. I know with the FMU I need, a Missing Link [got it], an upgraded pump, the FMU [Vortech], and bigger injectors.... and a good Air/Fuel Gauge... but with the SAFC, what exactly do I need????

any help/advice would be great, because I am about to plop down the cash, I just want to be sure I am getting the best for my $...

thanks,

with a s-afc you will stil need bigger injectors, and its a good idea to get a bigger fuel pump too
but u can tune ur stuff alot more then a afc hack then a fmu,

you dont use a fmu with bigger injectors.....you dont use a safc with a fmu....

its easy to hook up a fmu and theres nothing to it....

safc will take time to learn how to tune it...

m suggestion is, for a small amout of boost(up to 8-10psi) get the fmu but if you are going to run up to about 12-14 then get the safc....but they are no good past that amount of boost, once you get to a certain point, you have to get hondata or soething similar

this has nothign to do with a swap. try the FI forum

thank you.

i prefer the afc. it's good up to 10 psi, but fuel is controlled at every rpm including idle. i heard the fmu causes erratic idling.

Vafc all day over a rising rate FMU. If your running 8lbs, it probably doesn't matter. But as soon as you hit 10 or over, i'd go VAFC.

Back