Football Picks Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's not the whole teams fault. the defense forced 6 turnovers and didn't allow a single offensive point. the defense was spectacular.
did you just say the defense didnt allow a single offensive point????? wtf game were you watching????? its the WHOLE teams fault...the defense is suppose to keep the other team from scoring ANY points...and the offense is suppose to score points...if both sides do their job...you have a win...so dont say the defense was perfect and they are not at fault...they played just as much a role in the loss as the offense

did you just say the defense didnt allow a single offensive point????? wtf game were you watching????? its the WHOLE teams fault...the defense is suppose to keep the other team from scoring ANY points...and the offense is suppose to score points...if both sides do their job...you have a win...so dont say the defense was perfect and they are not at fault...they played just as much a role in the loss as the offense

ok, they gave up 1 lousy field goal. that's pretty damn good against the leading offense in the league. the defense forced 6 turnovers. that's huge. they allowed less than 200 yards of offense. insane.

this game was all about divine intervention. you should not win a game if your offense doesn't score. period. the bears were outplayed and didn't deserve to win.

youre still not getting the point here...the whole game wasnt just the second half dude...the defense allowed points in the first half...so they are at fault for allowing those points...you dont just break a game down into one half...it doesnt work like that...its what happens through the course of the entire game that sums it up in the end...

Arizona's defense did their job, and they did it with authority. The defense for Arizona was SPECTACULAR!!!! I know this is a team sport, but the defense are the only ones NOT to blame.

Lets look at Chicago's scoring summary..
3rd quarter FG by Gould. (fault, defense)
3rd quarter 3 yard fumble return. (fault, offense)
4th quarter 40 yard fumble return. (fault, offense)
4th quarter 83 yard punt return. (fault, special teams)

So lets see, the actual arizona defense held the number one scoring offense to 3 points... Youre right though, if they didnt allow any points they would have won... well if Rackers would have made the two FG's he missed.... they would have won.. We can go about the "if they did this" shit all day long.. but its stupid since the game is over and you can scrutinize everything.. The fact is the offense fucked it up and the special teams did, too. The only peole who should be taking blame are Matt Leinart (dont get me wrong, i love him, i love usc, and he did do a great job), Edge James, Rackers, and the Special Teams... The defense has nothing to be ashamed of and did EVERYTHING right, causing 6 turnovers and holding the best offense to lowwww numbers, the offense didnt hold up their end of the deal, plain and simple.

Arizona's defense did their job almost flawlessly, to include them in the blame would be rediculous.. since they werent even on the field for 21 of the points...

edit: muahahahaah i just collected 20 bucks because Matt did better (stat wise) than Vince (fuck vince, and fuck texas :p)

Last edited:
-Scores are up!!!!
-Matchups will be up sometime tomorrow, i like to give it a day so people can check and verify their scores.
-Inactive people have been booted.

Congrats to Ripperbone for the best score this week and making the biggest move up the rankings.

Last edited:
-Scores are up!!!!
-Matchups will be up sometime tomorrow, i like to give it a day so people can check and verify their scores.
-Inactive people have been booted.

Congrats to Ripperbone for the best score this week and making the biggest move up the rankings.
yo sean, how did I go 8-6? lol and also you got Arizona beating Chicago lol

Are you talking aout Arizona's Defense allowing points in the 1st half because the half time score was 20-0...
ahhh...i meant the 2nd half...my fault...but to nick...the defense allowed them to score a field goal...there are all kinds of scenarios that you can put the blame on each player that stepped on that field

holding a team to a field goal is something most teams never do in a season, let alone to the number one scoring offense. Sure you can partially blame them.. but honestly... shutting out a team doesnt happen to teams too often. All i want to hear is that the defense did a great job, which for some reason you dont think that way...

Anyways, week 7 matchups have been posted!!!!!!!!!!!

holding a team to a field goal is something most teams never do in a season, let alone to the number one scoring offense. Sure you can partially blame them.. but honestly... shutting out a team doesnt happen to teams too often. All i want to hear is that the defense did a great job, which for some reason you dont think that way...

Anyways, week 7 matchups have been posted!!!!!!!!!!!
i was just trying to get a good debate going...haha...i think the defense did an outstanding job...

What games are everyone lookin forward to??

Personally, it doesnt get any better than the Giants against the Cowboys. Although im worried because the Giants secondary isnt that great, decent but not great.

The carolina game should be pretty good, i wonder who will do better... Steve Smith or Chad "Check out my" Johnson. I love Chad Johnson and Carson Palmer, i just hope they can get on the same page... but it is hard when he is ALWAYS double teamed...

I will be watching the Arizona game because of my boy Matt Leinart... and watching Boldin catch is always exciting, that guy can fuckin move.

What games are everyone lookin forward to??

Personally, it doesnt get any better than the Giants against the Cowboys. Although im worried because the Giants secondary isnt that great, decent but not great.
oh yeah, you should be worried because TO is catching 4 td's this game:ph34r::D

besides the dallas game, which i'm throwing a little party for BTW:D, I'm looking forward to see the San Diego-Kansas City game...should be a good one.

Giants should beat Dallas...although it will be a good game to watch...i just dont see Dallas coming out on top...

Cincinnati has been struggling as of late...the O line lost a starter to surgery i believe..i think they are a little too banged up to stand up to the healthy Carolina team...so while i see that one as being a decent game...Carolina should take it with no problem...

If Arizona doesnt beat Oakland...then they can just kiss this season goodbye...they might as well start planning for next season if they cant pull this one off...

I'm ready to see Pittsburgh vs. Atlanta...that was one of my tough decisions...Pitt just came off of a big win...and Atlanta has lost to two good teams in New Orleans and the Giants...so we will see what will happen there...

i noticed how one of you picked Cleveland over Denver...i wanna watch that game just to see where the hell you think Cleveland has the ability to take Denver out...lol...

other than that...should be some good football games goin on...good luck to everyone!

Arizona FTMFW, Matt Leinhart needs to taste a victory after last weeks game

Dallas and NY always seem to make a good rivalry year in and year out

Miami can't be doin this no more and Green Bay is pretty inconsistent this year, I think this game will be the makings for an upset

i suck at this.. hopefully this week will be better

these games are pretty close...but i really cannot believe what im seeing with that houston game...wtf...lol

yes it is...back and forth lead changes...craziness...i just hope my boy Vick can keep Atlanta on top...especially since its lookin like carolina wont get past cinci...pissed me off that carolina was within 10 yards of a touchdown and he threw an interception in the endzone...grrrrrrrr

Back