found a junkyard motor.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

liquid00meth

found a b20a5, could probably get it DIRT cheap. Looks good for turbo at 9.0:1. It's obd0. Whats the deal with converting it to ODB1 and tossing it in my 95 civic? Any input appreciated.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 6 2003, 04:18 PM
found a b20a5, could probably get it DIRT cheap. Looks good for turbo at 9.0:1. It's obd0. Whats the deal with converting it to ODB1 and tossing it in my 95 civic? Any input appreciated.

dude, you're smarter than that. you've been around here to know that those prelude engine are piles of shit and not anywhere comparable to the b20b/z that came out of the crvs. there is nearly zero aftermarket support for it. i doubt if anybody makes mounts for it to go into your civic. i don't know of an obd1 ecu you could use to run it properly. it has a small bore (for a 2.0L) and a long stroke, which makes it anti-rev happy. don't do it, waaaaay more trouble than it would ever be worth.

Yup, that is the old 2.0 shit lude motor. If you want a 2.0 non vtec get an early obd1 GS,RS teggy motor.

Milan

yeap, thought so. And I'm aware of all the other options. I just tossed the post in like 2 secs on my way running around. I saw it real quick at the j/y looking for a part for my friend's jeep. Had never heard of a b20a5 before, so I was just getting confirmation on my good guess that it was a piece of shit. Didn't know if the block/any parts were good on it.

thanks

big no no......
why are they crap? Lets see....
Damn I lost that website. They had one b21vtec and is was more trouble than it was worth!

Back