game console failure rate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Haven't been for a little over a year. You might still be able to get a used one that is still backwards compatible.

This is just false. No matter the model they all play PSX. The first run actually had the PS2 hardware included to play PS2 games, that's why they were so damned expensive. For the second models they took out the hardware and you now download the software to play PS2 games.

All PS3 consoles play any region PS3 games (JPN/PAL/NA). They are only backwards compatible with PSX/PS2 games from the region you bought the PS3 in.

well, i know when we bought it the firmware update hadnt come out for the newer models. I checked the updates earlier and you're right. They all have it now, but it is sketchy on some games and the wife would be PISSED if she wasn't able to play her .hack games on the brand new ps3 we had bought.

I kind of liked my PS3, it was a good bluray player. The controller however, was abysmal. It felt like it was made by Fischer Price, and that it would break at any time.

This is just false. No matter the model they all play PSX. The first run actually had the PS2 hardware included to play PS2 games, that's why they were so damned expensive. For the second models they took out the hardware and you now download the software to play PS2 games.

All PS3 consoles play any region PS3 games (JPN/PAL/NA). They are only backwards compatible with PSX/PS2 games from the region you bought the PS3 in.
NO! 20 and 60s had the hardware first gen 80s had the emulator, after that no backwards compatibility.

Back