general bs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

just up on a saturday night and trying to keep my mind occupied.

who else is here? what are you up to?

Just hanging out, wondering about things and listening to some radio.

what happened with that? just thought it would be best to part ways?

She thought it would be better "just to be friends." I've never had that conversation given to me before and I've never actually had a girl who I didn't force to break up with, break up with me before.

Its an awkward feeling. I started off the relationship not knowing how much I wanted her or how serious I wanted it to be and didn't put in the effort.

She started off wanting me every second of her life and then about a month ago something snapped. We went out on a romantic dinner, got into a fight afterwards when she was ignorant and said something completely stupid and hurtful, then she gave me the beej before sleep. Next day I meet one of her aunts that I hadn't met before and she goes off to a broadway play with the girls in her family. I sit and talk with her dad for a bit and then go home.

That night I went to a friend's grad. party. She wanted to come see me, but then acted weird and told me to have fun with my friends. I asked her if she was sure and she said she was going to go out with her friends. We break up the next afternoon after not talking for the longest time since we were together.

Then we were never officially together after that, but I asked her to try to make it work. We went for a romantic weekend at the beach, a dinner on the lake, to the new batman movie, and just to chill out. Then the other day when I called her out on not putting the effort in and calling me when she said she would (that used to be me not putting in the effort) she said that she couldn't keep hurting me. She feels that something is missing. And now I'm here.

It was probably for the better, but I loved her. I don't know if I want her because I can't have her or for what reason. We had a lot of things seperately our lives - she came from a well-to-do family where her dad is a big time lawyer and she doesn't understand the value of money and I came from humble beginning. She goes out to dinner five or more nights a week, many times. She could also be very ignorant, stubborn, and judgemental. When she put the effort in, she was great and took care of me.

ps that felt good to rant, even if it was just to myself, and get things out of my head.

nah i listened man and i know how you feel... i've been trying to work things out with the girl i like for two years... we've had our good and bad moments but i think we are finally getting back on track

just don't bash me for my age and what i just said, I'm 18 and we've been close since i was like 10, sure im young but there are no age limitations on relationships right?

I only have four years on you, so I'm not going to flame you for your age. I would say if you're unhappy with something and having to work at it for two years...especially at your age... then you might want to see the rest of the world by yourself.

I still love a girl that I dated from when I was seventeen to twenty-oneish. I broke up with her to see the rest of the world, but she still owns a piece of my heart and is one person who I trust most - other than my most recent girlfriend.

Yea i know and we have been talking more lately, Im going off to my first year of college and so is she, and we will be almost 1100 miles away from each other so we are friends, who love each other a lot, becasue neither of us wants to get hurt while we are at school or whatever

Sounds like the smart thing to do plus to dive into the true college experience you need a clean slate.

<--- Never got a real college experience.

just chose not to go?

<-------- move to college in ten days :hide:

No, I went to a county college for two years. I dated that girl that I was with for 3 1/2 yrs while I went to the local college and I worked in a restaurant.

The final two years I transferred to a prestigious little school. I met a girl the second or third night I was there and had a drunken one nighter. That turned into a relationship that should have never been and then I had a bunch of nameless girls in there and then another girlfriend. I was on and off with that girlfriend for 6-8months. I broke up with that girlfriend in expectations of dating this girl. I dated this girl for about 7months.

I guess what I mean to say is that I was always with girls so I never developed strong relationships with any friends in college. I lived with my best friend that I grew up with from home. He wasn't very outgoing so it was only myself meeting new people. I'd meet new people, meet a girl, and then just hang out with the girl.

My senior spring I didn't do anything but hang out with this last girlfriend.

Ahhh, I tried long distance when my girl went to college. I was heart broken... Takes a strong willed person to be faithful, especially when far from each other.

Sorry to hear about both of your situations, I understand how stuff you kind of foresee can still knock you on your ass. The girl I was dating in the above scenario and I met when we were about 7 years old.

yea man everything happens for a reason though just got to move on, for me its tough but ill manage im sure hopefuly ill find someone at college i can "bond" with.. who knows

<--A little bit loose after playing some Landmines, about to pass out.

Back