Geo Metro motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how much can she afford? is she working? is she bad with money or something?

why doesn't she just get a new kia or hyundai for $150/month. full warranty and its' brand new.

damn good idea

hyundai accent
kia rio
nissan versa
toyota yaris
chevy aveo

im sure with some minimal looking around she could get into an 09 leftover for under $10k

She was planning on spending at least $1300 for the motor, plus whatever her taxes gives her, and whatever she can get from the sale of her car. I would say probably $1500-$2000 tops.

She does have a job. She makes enough to maintain her livelihood as a single mom, but not much more. She doesn't take vacations, lives a practically no-frill life, doesn't do anything crazy (drugs, drinking, etc)...

As for a new car, she said her credit was a wreck, and was told by a few dealerships she would need a cosigner or a good deposit to get into one. I think she would find peace of mind in knowing that she didn't have a car payment by owning one outright--but I don't really understand women, so I don't really know where their logic derives from.

Well damn... if I could find a way to ship the car to you cheap, that would be more than enough to cover it. The car needs a few cheap/free parts to be 100% street legal and pass inspection anywhere in the country, but it's solid and ready to drive, and everything in it works.

:thumbsup:

Needs: headlight, corner lens (have one), bumper lens (think I have one) and a catalytic converter if your county checks emissions ($60 new, have an old one too).

Kind of off-topic, but Geo Metro related:

800px-P6250018.JPG

Chopped Geo. IMO, pretty nice work.

Hmmm, I wonder how the Geo Metro compares to the CRX HFs; my D15Z1 needs a home!

Back